⤷ 01| ESCAPEE

chapter one : escapee

☆ ☆ ☆

Juniper Lyra Black was staring at the poster of Sirius Black in dismay. She had crossed her arms and anyone who walked by could tell that she stood quite tensely. Her hazel eyes glared at the photo of her uncle. It wasn't until Nymphadora Tonks, her cousin, grabbed her by the shoulders, that she looked away.

"Glaring at it won't make it go away," the Metamorphmagus said.

Juniper sighed. "I could try."

The two women turned their back towards the poster and strolled back towards Andromeda who was waiting for them in front of Flourish and Blotts.

"I'm happy to see you didn't burn a hole through that poster," Andromeda spoke up, sounding rather amused.

Juniper rolled her eyes before entering the shop and taking her list of needed books out of her pocket. She handed it at the shop owner and waited for him to get her books.

Her eyes dwelled over the book racks and fell upon a certain Quidditch captain. Juniper stood up from leaning against the desk and strolled over to her friend. As the dark head came closer, she saw that he was busy reading the spines of books that covered Quidditch. She rolled her eyes at his addiction and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hello Oliver."

Oliver Wood turned around and saw his fellow teammate standing in front of him, wearing a rather amusing expression.

"Already making up plays?"

The brown haired boy grinned. "You know me, June, and it's my last year at Hogwarts, we need to win."

"Of course," Juniper said, sounding too serious for her own well-being. "I, too, am tired of seeing Slytherin win the Cup, so do you need help? We can discuss things on the Hogwarts Express if you want."

Oliver's eyes lit up. Everyone knew that Juniper Black was an excellent Quidditch player, she could have a Quidditch career if she wanted. "I'd like that, June, I'll wait for you in our usual compartment?"

"Sure," the black haired replied, "I'll see you there."

With a last nod, she turned around and saw that the shop owner had just returned with her needed books. June quickly payed for it before going back outside to Andromeda and Tonks.

"Got everything?" Andromeda asked and June was about to nod when her name was yelled from the other side of Diagon Alley.

"June!"

The black haired turned around and two red haired boys engulfed her in a tight hug. Juniper smiled as she hugged them back.

"Guys! How was Egypt?"

Fred and George pulled back, eying their friend closely, they had heard of the escape of Sirius Black, her uncle.

"Egypt was amazing," George replied, "but how are you?"