10. Escorted Home

"Do you have to go?" Karen whined, clinging to his coat, "stay here! Become a mage in Blue Pegasus!"

"No, Karen, I can't do that--"

Eir was troubled, but he guessed this was a normal thing with children. He's glad that, even in this world, children could act spoiled and adorable like this.

It was a little early in the morning-- the sun was just beginning to warm up the world from the cold dawn.

"Are you sure you're alright? You have a slight fever."

Eir flushed slightly when the older girl set a palm on his forehead.

Why was everyone in Blue Pegasus so beautiful? The ladies were gorgeous, the men were handsome, and even the teenagers were on the path of elegance and fashion.

(Oh wait. I'm a teenager.)

The Pretty-People guild, Yeah, he'll call it that.

"I'm fine..." he stepped away, dismissing their concerns.

His body heated up, his head didn't feel any less heavy than yesterday, and his fingers were cold-- but this was exactly why he needed to get back as quickly as he could.

He bowed, "thanks so much for your hospitality."

Against the worried eyes of the Blue Pegasus guild members, Eir excused himself, and set off on the route back toward Magnolia.

-

He made it across the mountain before he got caught up in a magic battle, nearly got decapitated, and was forced by the Mages involved to sit down and rest.

"The heck were you doing travelling with that kinda fever? You wanna die? Huh?!"

"Toby, shush."

Splashing some water from the river onto his face, Eir let out a sigh of exhaustion. The sun was high in the sky-- was it noon, now?

The group of three were around his age, though the tallest one, with a smooth bald head, looked about Reedus' age. The other two called him Jura.

They had been hunting magical beasts when Eir came in the way and nearly got himself caught up in some rather sharp rocks. Thankfully, Eir's reflexes prevented a lethal injury, but once they investigated the cause, they didn't let him leave.

He felt a hand on his forehead.

"Shirotsume is nearby. You should go to a clinic there," Jura said, gesturing in the opposite direction, "it wouldn't do to risk your health any further."

"Ah, no--" Eir quickly refused, "I'm in a rush. What I have isn't... something a clinic can deal with, so I'll need to head back to Magnolia first..."

"Magnolia? That's another three hours away by foot," the blue-haired one spoke up, a little taken aback, "you're not going to make it in your state."