CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

"Do you want to talk about it?" Liam asked, as he twirled my hair. We were in my room, my mom surprised me when she said Liam could sleep in my room. She was like, I trust your judgement and I know you wouldn't do anything stupid, besides you are a grown-ass woman capable of making her own decisions, her words not mine. When she said these things, I was like... Huh? What's going on here?

Mom never let Xavier to sleep in a room next to mine, not to talk of sleeping in my room. I think my mom loves Liam more than me, or rather she trusts him more than she trusts me. In case you are wondering, mom didn't witness Maddie's lash out and honestly, I'm so glad she didn't, because it would have made mom really sad. If you ask Mom for her greatest wish, I'm certain that she'll say it's for me and Maddie to get along.

"I don't know what I ever did to her. I mean I thought we bonded this afternoon, but here we are." I sniffed as tears ran freely down my cheeks as Liam pulled me closer to him as he wrapped his right hand to wrap round my waist.
"It's okay, please stop crying. It's making me really sad, I really hate seeing you cry." He said while using his free hand to wipe the tears off my cheeks.

"It's not okay Liam, not even one bit. Did you hear the things she said to me? What sort of sister says such things to her sister," I asked in disbelief and continued, "I think I have been trying way too hard. I'm a human being and I also have feelings, and the part of my brain that's still functioning and not clouded by emotions says it's time to retreat. I'll just forget I have a sister, tell everyone that I'm the only child. I heard that psychologically, the more you repeat something, the more your brain believes it. We can leave tomorrow morning, we'll tell my parents that you've caught flu or something. They'll believe us and we'll be out of this toxic environment." I can't believe I'm running away from my parents house, just because of someone I call my sister.

"Running away from your problems is never the solution Lettie." Liam said softly.
"Who said is running? I'm just simply protecting my heart from hurt. She made fun of me being left at the altar. Who does that?"

"That really happened? I can't believe that you met such a douchebag. How can he do such a thing to you? But, no offense Lettie, don't take this the wrong way. I'm glad that he did, else I would have never met you. So every thing happens for a reason. I'm not glad that you were left at the altar and embarrassed, but I'm glad I met you 'cause you were. It may be the same thing with you and your sister, you may have fought this long in order to have the best make-up." He said trying to give me reasons but my mind was already made up.

I shook my head in disagreement, "No Liam, if I remain here till Monday morning I think I may die. I just want to go, please." I said the last part weakly.
"Okay, anything for you. I don't want to see you sad. We'll leave tomorrow morning." He promised. I felt bad that I was cutting short his time with my parents, but I don't think I can stay here any longer.

"Thank you so much." I faced him and hugged him tightly.
"Anything to make my angel happy." He kissed my forehead lightly.
"You're so corny." I smiled fully.
"You still like me that way." He shrugged.
"I love you." I blurted out and froze. What did I just say?

"Ermm... I meant... What I actually wanted to say..." I stammered, not able to form a coherent sentence, but Liam availed me.
"I love you too. I've loved you since the time I held your hand at that gala, I just wanted you to say it first and please now you have said it, don't run away from me. I want all of you Lettie, don't believe anything your sister said. I'll never leave you, rather I'm scared that you'll leave me."

"I'll never leave you." I promised.
"Me too." He promised back and kissed me on the lips lightly. Trust me to turn it into a full blown makeout session, we were kissing with me flat on my back and Liam hovering over me a bit when little Liam got a bit excited and started poking me in my lower belly.