Bring The Pain On

Warning

Chapter includes minor violence

---------------

Heavy rapid puffs of air left the man's lips as he runs, legs stumbling and wrists in the prison of a thick thorny wood cuffs. He escapes to his freedom in between an enormous grassy land that never seems to end.

In front of him, he witnesses a thick green forest and a lump of hope builds itself inside his parched throat when he thinks of the sweet freedom that rests between the trees. He looks back, now far away from the one he ran away from, no one runs after him to catch his escape. He almost wants to cry in relief.

Freedom at last. No one is holding him back now. Not even pain.

His head spins from the lack of energy and his legs scream at the stretch of the run he has been on for hours. He does not know how long he had been running. All he knows is that he needs to run more.

He at last stumble into the forest, the smell of leaves and nature invading the smell of blood that lingers in his senses. His legs slow the run and he allows himself to catch his breath as he sprints further into the forest.

He looks around, body twisting and turning here and there for any awaiting danger as everything whips past him. He has heard of the danger that lingers in the forest that is born in the further of the north. The north soldiers always hide in the trees at night, he is lucky enough that he has stumbled upon it at the presence of the sun still gracing the sky.

North has always been a mess. He had never seen a day of peace since he was forced to step on the grounds of it. But now, murder and crime of every kind rule the streets. Now the once with power force open slavery and abuse upon the poor people who live there.

He had to escape. Just like all his friends who had left one by one, he was the last to lead the way towards the south. He has no idea where they are, what they do, or if they are alive or not. He just knows that they reside anywhere in the south now.

South has always been the opposite of the north. He heard so many things that goes around there. Freedom and peace is one of them. That is the only thing he craves in his life now. To pass the great bridge that separates the south from north and live a life he always desired deep in his heart.

His feet twists, making him lose his already lacking balance and a curse leave his lips as he stumbles upon a tree. His elbow drag down to scratches because of the rough surface of the tree wood. His cuffed hands restrain him from making any move to stand himself straight.

Helpless is all he feels right now. His head spins with more pressure than before as the sun glares down right at the top of his head. Sweat drops down his forehead in a crying fall and he pushes himself off the tree to a stand after many tries.

He takes slow steps forward and sway left to right as every energy leaves his frail body. His eyes blur, pointy thorns of the wood cuffs stabbing into his wrist.

A small smile curls his lips as he breathes in the smell of freedom for the last time before he fully lets go of his body weight and falls down the ground as he gives in to the darkness that lurks his head.

--

A groan leaves his lips, closed eyelids scrunching as he tries to move his heavy head. His body felt limp, numb from being in the same position for who knows how long he has been out.