⤫2.10

Jisung had draped his jacket over her shoulders, constantly glancing over at her as his mind filled with twisted thoughts that made him think it might have all been a dream

He kept looking at her to make sure it was real.
7 months, verge of insanity and he still could barely believe it was her. She was here.

"Are we...were we like...dating?"

There was a pause after her words, not wanting to see his reaction in case he bursted out laughing or scoffing in disgust.

"How much do you remember exactly?" He asked hesitantly, unsure if she truly remembered their time together.

"I remember some of it but...you didn't answer my question."
Jisung sighed, kicking the stones under his feet and he began thinking of the scenarios if he said they were actually dating.

But that was unfair on her.

"We never officially disclosed the whole uh relationship thing?" He cringed at the sound of the word relationship coming out of his mouth, foreign to him.

"We were Soulmates...when I bit you."
Chaerin glanced up and Jisung and nodded, knowing they were Soulmates but more wanted to know his feelings towards them being in a relationship.

Though she didn't know much, she knew deep inside her human heart, she loved him.

It was obvious, the way her heart pounded and the continious flashbacks to their shared kisses and sweet smiles.

Chaerin pursed her lips, unsure if she wanted to even ask- not even sure where to start so she stopped walking- him stopping when she did and looking down curiously at her.

The girl fidgeted with her fingers behind her back and swallowed the dryness in her throat.

"Did you say...did you say you loved me?"

Jisung's mind instantly pulled back to the say she died, remembering his distraught self crying over her.

"Yes," he whispered, havoc of nerves bundling inside him and he wanted to disappear at her paused reply.

Chaerin finally looked up at him, eyes pricking with tears and the air thick around them.

She knew she had feelings for him but not hearing his confirmation from his mouth left Chaerin on edge and insecure.
Wanting to hear it, wanting to see if it a became clearer to her.

Jisung studied her as she continued to flicker her eyes from him to the ground, hesitating with what she wanted to say.

He was patient with her, giving her time to sort her own thoughts and feelings out but his mind raced and if he had a human heart it would be pounding right now.

"Can you say it?" She whispered so quietly that he thought he didn't hear it at first but at her teary eyes and erratic heartbeat he swallowed the lump in his throat.

Jisung stepped forward, leaving little space between them and his gentle touch cupped her cheeks and tilted her head up- he looked down at her making sure she was looking into his eyes that held sincerity.

"I love you Chaerin."

Chaerin's breath hitched, a flurry of emotions and memories unlocked a gate in her mind and it all hit her at once- way too much for her to handle and she blinked furiously.

Her eyes glazed over and begining to become unbalanced when she swayed slightly.

It was all too quick, flashing images and voices due to flashbacks skimmed past her head- piercing pain and Chaerin gasped- loosing her footing and crashing into Jisung.

His arms thankfully encircled her body when she gripped onto him, scrunching her eyes shut at the pain wavering through her body.

She remembered everything, from when she met Jisung to Jeno- the bite, the kisses, the tears and her death.

Chaerin's legs trembled, unable to stay up by herself, threating to send her body to the floor if it wasn't for him.

Jisung's eyebrows drew down in concern and he bent down slightly, picking the girl up with ease and her small frame clinging onto him.

Chaerin's legs hooked around his waist and arms clutching around his neck when he hoisted her up.

"Are you okay?" His voice deep and laced with worry, the girl nodded unable to trust her voice and buried her head in the crook of his neck.

"Just hold me."

"I missed you so much." He whispered, tightening his grip around her as if he was scared she would leave again.

" He whispered, tightening his grip around her as if he was scared she would leave again