Chapter 14

Adalee's POV

"Are you almost ready?" I hear Victoria say from outside the closet door.

"I feel stupid... It's a little tight." Pushing around the bikini, trying to get it to cover my breasts, I finally stop messing with it. Looking in the mirror, the light pink bikini looks a little too tight, but wearable. The light pink color matches my naturally rosy cheeks, highlighting my slightly wavy blonde hair.

Walking out of the closet, I do a miniature fashion show, goofily walking around her room like it's a runway and twirling around. Victoria laughs at my silliness, saying, "You look great. It may be a little small, but no one else will see you."

It's small because this bikini is Alicia's. Victoria didn't have any bathing suits that fit me, but Alicia is about my size.

"Come on." Victoria grabs my hand with a smile and starts pulling me to the ocean. My nerves increase the closer I get to it, my recent drowning experiences reminding me of what happens if I get in the water.

There is a direct path from Victoria's 'special spot' to her room, meaning that no one gets to see me in this bathing suit other than Victoria. I don't want anyone else to see me in this, my small boobs looking glaringly obvious.

We reach the spot where Victoria will teach me to swim. Victoria walks into the water, and once she's in deep enough, she changes her legs into a tail. Motioning me into the water with a small smile, I take a step into the cool liquid. The water covers up to my ankles, coming in waves. I get nervous and slowly back out until I'm fully on dry sand.

"Adalee, the water itself won't hurt you. You dad is the one who hurt you, and with me around, no one will hurt you again," Victoria reassures me that everything will be okay.

Walking back into the water, Victoria swims close to me. The water is up to my knees; me face to face with Victoria. She holds my hand as I continue to walk further into the ocean. Soon, the water is up to my shoulders and my breathing quickens. This reminding me of my unfortunate accidents that happen too often. Deciding that I need to learn how to swim, I don't head back to the shore.

Victoria smiles at me, squeezing my hand, probably proud that I've made it this far. Ever since she figured out we were mates, she has been extra touchy, knowing we are destined for each other comforting us in our relationship. I welcome the touchiness with open arms, happy with all the affection. I've never been truly loved before, other than by my mom, and that's not the same.

"Good job, I'm proud of you," Victoria starts. "Now I will hold you up by your waist, and you need to kick your feet and move your arms to tread water."

I nod, understanding. This can't be too hard, right? Wrong. After trying to keep myself afloat for at least two minutes, I exhaust my arms and my legs are aching.

Finally, after five minutes of practicing, I can tread water. When Victoria let go, my speed of kicking had to increase substantially, but other than that, I got the hang of it.

Standing on my feet, Victoria informs me of why she taught me how to tread water first, "Treading water is how you stay afloat, you need to know how to tread water if you don't want to drown."

Taking that, I'm excited to learn how to swim. I'm getting more comfortable in the water, making this more fun than scary.

"To swim, I will hold you up by your stomach, and then you paddle your arms and kick your feet." Victoria places her hands on my stomach, me enjoying her soft touch. She maneuvers me so she is holding me up. I'm horizontal in the water, starting to do her instructions. I get used to the movements, her swimming with me when I move forwards. Eventually, she lets go of my stomach and holds my hand instead. We swim beside each other until I get tired, which is after a little while.

Victoria holds me up in the middle of the ocean, the shore quite a far distance away. I feel her tail swishing, keeping us afloat. Her tail amazes me every time I see it, the gold reflecting scales looking radiant in the sun.

We silently stare at each other, my blue eyes meeting her green ones. Still wearing my necklaces, they float in the water. I wrap my arms around Victoria's shoulders, making our faces close together.

Victoria's eyes flutter down to my lips, and before I know it, her lips are on mine. Her soft lips meet mine in a natural collision, feeling like this was meant to happen. This is my first kiss, me being scared about how good it is for her.

I kiss back, her moving her lips against mine. She licks my bottom lip, causing me to gasp, not expecting that. She takes this opportunity to slide her tongue into my mouth, me feeling a whole new sensation. The feeling is odd at first, but soon becomes addicting.

Our tongues battle for dominance, her winning easily because I'm inexperienced. Soon I'm out of breath, so I pull away. Victoria pouts, looking at me with compelling puppy dog eyes, making me want to suck up my loss of breath and kiss her, anyway.

Opting to rest my forehead against hers, I take a deep breath before saying, "Wow."

Victoria lips turn up into a breathtaking smile. "Wow, indeed."