Boom, Boom, Whoosh, SMACK

Amber's pov:

"Damien... Damien... DAMIEN NO!!!" I squeal, hugging my phone closer to my chest as Damien's arms wrapped around me, trying to get his hands on the small device that was clasped between my hands.

"Amber I saw you sneaking a picture of me when Julie shoved my hair into two pony tails, GIVE ME IT!!" He tries to say it in a serous way, but his boyish grin and cute laugh went against him as he then picked me up by the waist, still trying to open my hands to retrieve the phone.

"Neverrrrrr." I laugh, while lightly blushing at the closeness of our bodies. Mine pushed against his as he was too distracted trying to pull my hands away from my phone.

I could get used to this...

If only he didn't think of me as just a close friend though.

It's been three days since we saw his sister, and the friendship between us just completely sky rocketed.

It's almost like the awkwardness between us that was once there just disappeared.

I think we could both tell that we were comfortable with one another, even if it was not directly said or brought up in conversation.

I could even talk, joke around, and laugh with him instead of becoming a blushing, stuttering mess.

...

Well, that's until he decides to do stuff like wrap his arms around me, not understanding what effect that feeling has on me.

I mean, how could I forget all the years I've been crushing on him, and now here we are, his arms wrapped around me...

As Friends.

"Amber~... please give me the phone, I will be extra nice to you..." I couldn't see him, but I could almost FEEL his puppy eyes as my heart melted at the sound of his soft baby voice that he was trying to persuade me with.

And it almost worked, I was almost persuaded.

But I wanted, no NEEDED that picture of him with two pig tails.

It's probably the cutest thing I've ever seen.

"Why do you need to see it~..." I mimic his baby tone, giggling at his loud sigh.

"Because... no reason~..." Again his tone of voice causes my heart to clench, wanting to just give him the phone.

Must. Resist. The. Force.

Darth Vader who?

"But you will delete it... and then I will have nothing to put as your contact picture."

...

He freezes as I realize my mistake.

"Oops, maybe I shouldn't have said that out loud-..."

"CONTACT PICTURE!!!" He quickly drops me out of his hold by accident as I take it as my chance to run.

*Insert dramatic running away music here*

As soon as he realizes my escape, he takes off in a full sprint after me as I run towards the boxing arena where everyone else was.

Before this, it was just another practice for Damien, Luke, and Liam, with all of us girls tagging along.

Then it shifted to them having a break and Julie wanting to put two pigtails in Damien's hair.

Taking the opportunity, I snuck a picture of the final result, but Damien seemed to have caught on to my tactics and when I said that I had use the bathroom...