Villain Attack

Izuku's POV

   Even after dinner, Kota wouldn't talk to me. I understand that it's hard to lower yourself down and apologize to the other person first, so I decided to wait a bit more. But if he won't apologize before that, I'll apologize first. 

   I'm sure he has something he wants to say to me other than just an apology.

   I still felt a bit worried though. Something just...Something just didn't feel right. 

   I excused myself after helping the others wash dishes, saying that I felt tired. It was a lie to be honest but it was believable wasn't it?

   I let out a large sigh the moment I was alone in my assigned room. My head was spinning and my jumbled-up thoughts weren't making it any better. 

   With everything that happened,  the whole kidnapping, the little argument with Kota, and the conflict with a few teachers before...Everything is just so complicated. I can't even explain with words what I learned by staying with the villains. 

   "Only if we all tried to understand each other...It would be peaceful wouldn't it?" I stared at the ceiling. "Hero, villain, or civilian aren't we all the same?"

   The moment that I got those words out, the ground started shaking and I could hear screams from outside. 

   I rushed outside and saw Mr. Aizawa. He was fighting off Dabi?! Wait, no. Dabi just melted, that was probably Twice.

   "Mr. Aizawa! What's going on?" I asked. I asked even though I knew what was happening. I just wanted to deny it.

   "The League of Villains attacked." Mr. Aizawa said. "They said that they're here to take back what they had rightfully claimed...Do you know what that is?"

   "No?" I had I feeling that I knew but I wasn't all that sure. "Do you, by any chance, know where Kota is?"

   "The kid? No." Mr. Aizawa replied, signaling for the other students to go inside. "I heard that he enjoys to hang around by himself sometimes...Crap! Someone needs to find him!"

   "I know where he is! I'll go find him!" I heard Aika's voice shout. We turned to her and she gave us a thumbs up.

   "Then we'll go together...Let's go, Aika!" I dragged her by the wrist and we quickly ran towards wherever Kota went.

   "I'm pretty sure he went up the mountain." Aika said. "It's going to take so long to get there."

   "Hold onto me." I said, pointing to my back. Aika just stared at me with a blank face. "Fine then. I'll just carry you there."

   I lifted Aika up, bridal style, and I used Mother's quirk to fly us both to eh top of the mountain. It wasn't that bad, except for Aika's never ending screaming.

   I let her down once we arrived at the top of the mountain. My heart shattered when I saw Muscular about to punch Kota. I pushed Aika behind a boulder and ran towards Kota.

   "Stop! Muscular! Don't hurt him!" I yelled. Muscular looked up towards me and gave me a surprised smile. 

   "Well, fancy seeing you here, little broccoli. But I have to finish off this annoying child." Muscular turned back to Kota.

   I managed to pull away Kota before he got smashed and I told Aika to run with Kota when they had the chance. 

   "But what about you, Izu?!" Aika asked. "What if you get hurt?"

   "Don't worry...They won't hurt me." I paused. "At least I don't think they will. Just go, I'll hold them back. I have the quirk as well, so you don't have to worry."

   Aika reluctantly nodded. She carried Kota on her back and carefully went down the mountain. I turned back to see Muscular fuming angry. He just got up from the big dent he created on the ground.

   "You know, Izuku." He said. "I think I'm at my limit...And you will have to pay for that!"

   "Muscular, stop! This isn't right!" I yelped, just barely dodging his attack. "Please! You can start over now! You don't have to live this way!"

   "...You don't understand! I like living this way!" Muscular started laughing. His laughing was terrifying. It was almost like he lost his mind. "Don't you get it? I feel pleasure when I watch people squirm in pain. When they beg for mercy, it thrills me. Their pitiful, helpless screams are the most pleasurable sounds that I've ever heard."

   "You...psychopath." I couldn't believe it. I thought he was suffering from being a villain. That was what he told me. "You liar. We could've been friends."

   "Well, Mr. Hero." Muscular said, his laughing ceasing to an occasional chuckle. "You were wrong. We'll never be friends."

   I felt tears well up. The promises that he made for me and the times we spent together. It was all a lie. My life is a lie, it always was...I knew that. But the feeling of disappointment doesn't seem to go away.

   I looked up to see Muscular running at me. I stood there, I didn't feel like doing anything honestly. At this point, I don't think I want to be here at all. I just feel like I don't belong here. The feeling of empty just...suddenly returned.

   I could see Muscular hesitate. I could see the pain in his eyes...But why? He doesn't care does he?

   His fist was about to hit me, but the blow never came. Instead, I saw blue flames surrounding me. Dabi's flames.

   "Hello, my love!" I heard Dabi's playful voice. "I came just in time to save you. Isn't that nice."

   "H-Huh?" 

   "Muscular wasn't a great person to be around with anyways." I heard Dabi mutter. "Well, I'll have to leave here, since we got all that we wanted."

   "What?" I blinked for a bit. "I'm s-so confused."

   "Oh, we decided to get rid of Muscular. He'll be spending the rest of his life in jail." Dabi laughed. "He nearly hurt you. I'm sure if Tomura knew that, he'll give the muscle pig. This is probably better for him. Anyways, we got all that we wanted."

   "What is it that you wanted?" I asked.

   "We just wanted to see you!" I heard Toga's voice. She popped up from behing Dabi.

   "Well, we got some info about the people we needed to know about." Dabi shrugged. "Well, see ya later!"

   Dabi waved and he disappeared into his blue flames. Toga blew me a kiss and left as well. I stood there dumbfounded and I slumped down.

The Next Day

   In the end, Muscular got caught. Mustard and a few others got caught as well. The only thing I lost was my trust. 

   What if the other villains were lying to me? What if they were planning to kill me?

   "Um...Izuku!" Kota said. I looked at him. 

   "Hmm?" I gave him a small smile. "What is it, Kota?"

   "W-Well...I-I'm sorry. For what I've said before." Kota said. He looked like he was on the verge of crying. "I should've known better. You probably went through more than me...Are you okay?"

   "It's fine, Kota." I laughed and patted his head. "It's in the past anyways. I'm fine."

   Kota looked at me a bit worriedly but gave me a hug before I got on the bus to go home. I waved as we started our trip back to UA.

   As I stared out the window, I remembered everything that happened. The question that Kota asked me flashed through my mind.

   "Are you okay?"

   I sighed.

  'I wish I was.'