Devil's Trap

"They’ve got Dad." Dean growls once he hangs up. "Meg?" Sam and I asked and Dean just nods. "What’d she say?" Sam asked him. "I just told you, Sammy." Dean said, clearly upset. "Okay. Okay." He mutters as he takes the Colt and tucks it into the back of his jeans.

"What are you doing, Dean?" I asked him, concerned, as he grabs his duffel bag. "We got to go." He said. "Why?" Sam asked him. "Because the demon knows we’re in Salvation, all right. It knows we got the Colt. It’s got Dad – it’s probably coming for us next." Dean said as he puts on his jacket. "Good. We’ve still got three bullets left. Let it come." Sam said to him.

"Listen, tough guy, we’re not ready, okay? We don’t know how many of them are out there. Now, we’re no good to anybody dead. We’re leaving....now!" Dean yells and we gather up our stuff and load up and head out.

"I’m telling you, guys, we could have taken him." Sam said to us as we roared down the road. "What we need is a plan. Now, they’re probably keeping John alive, we just gotta figure out where. They’re gonna wanna trade him for the gun." I said and Sam just shakes his head. Dean and I glance over at him.

"What?" We asked. "Guys, if that were true, why didn’t Meg mention a trade?" Sam asked and he starts to get upset. "Dad, he might be...."

"Don’t!" Dean yells over him, quickly. "Look, I don’t want to believe it any more than you. But if he is, all the more reason to kill this damn thing. We still have the Colt. We can still finish the job." said Sam. "Screw the job, Sam!" Dean growls.

"Dean, I’m just trying to do what he would want. He would want us to keep going." Sam said. "Quit talking about him like he’s dead already. Listen to me, everything stops until we get him back, you understand me? Everything." Dean said, angrily, and it goes quiet before I speak up.

"So how do we find him?" I asked. "Maybe we go to Lincoln. Start at the warehouse where he was taken." Dean said and Sam scoffs. "Come on, Dean, you really think these demons are going to leave a trail?" He asked him. "You’re right. We need help." Dean said and we drive off into the night.

The next morning, Dean drives up to a familiar junkyard, which was full of junk cars and hubcaps nailed to the side of the house. A large dog is chained to a post and is lying on the hood of an old tow truck. This was the home of a man named Bobby Singer.

Bobby is an old friend of my dad's and John’s, but from what my dad told me; Bobby and John had not parted on good terms the last time they saw each other. My poor dad always seemed to be the peacemaker everytime he was with John as John always seemed to be fighting with a colleague.

We enter inside to see it’s untidy and cluttered with papers on every wall and books stacked everywhere. Bobby picks up two round silver flasks with crosses on them and hands one to Dean. Sam and I were sitting at a cluttered desk, reading a very large book.

"Here you go." Bobby said to Dean. "What is this – holy water?" Dean asked him. "That one is." Bobby said then he holds out the other flask. "This is whiskey." He said and he takes a swig of whiskey and hands it to Dean, who also drinks.

"Bobby, thanks. Thanks for everything. To tell you the truth, I wasn’t sure we should come." Dean said and Bobby waves vaguely at him. "Nonsense. Your Daddy needs help." Bobby said. "Well, yeah, but last time we saw you, I mean, you did threaten to blast him full of buckshot. Cocked the shotgun and everything." Dean said to him and Bobby shrugs.

"Yeah, well, what can I say? John just has that effect on people." Bobby said. "Yeah, I guess he does." Dean said. "Just glad that (father's name) was there to calm everything down or your dad wouldn't be around." Bobby said and I shake my head. "But...None of that matters now. All that matters is that you get him back." He said as Sam looks up at him.