Chap. 45 (Demon invasion)

"T-That's..." Says Wendy. "I can sense strong malicious mana from that direction."

"Let's go! Ao and Lilien, you guys stay here. We will protect you." Says Liz.

"No, we will help. Just in case you don't know. I am pretty capable." I say.

They stare at me for a while before sighing. Liz smiled and nods. "Alright let's go."

I look at Lupus, she is shaking.

Yeah, true. Malicious mana can only indicate one thing: demons. The demon realm is filled with it but for it to appear in the human realm only mean a demon invasion.

We run to the site where smoke is emitted from and see a rock. They are either using catapult...or they just use brute strength to throw this.

A warhorn can be heard and the entire city is panicking.

I have to separate from Liz somehow. If he sees how I fight, he may realise who I am.

"Liz, can you guys help me distract. I will kill the commander. Take Lilien with you." I say.
Liz looks at me, from toe to head.
"Trust me," I say.

He sigh and nods.

We go our separate ways and I run into the forest beside Lupis. Using the forest as camouflage, I run past the demon army.

I can hear shouting and clashing. The fight has started.

A few demons have entered the forest. Looks like they are also using a diversion to attack. Well...there's only 62 of them. Easy for me to kill.

I close my eyes and try to sense them.
1...9...31...57...62...

Alright, that's all of them. I know where they are now.
I sense the mana inside them and explodes them from within. Malicious mana is more powerful the normal mana. It is more accurate to say that it's similar to enraged mana.

I use mana and block their vocal cords as well to prevent them from screaming. It was a success.

I walk past them and disguise myself as one of them. Using another skill, eagle sight, I am able to see everything from above.

Where is the commander? That's very obvious. Because of Sylvia's aura skill, the commanders aura...is pitch dark. Although he tries to disguise himself as an ordinary demon. His inner strength and mana gave him away.

Among the ten of thousands of demon, the commander stays in the middle of the chaos and use telekinesis to provide strategies.

They are smart...

"Sir...that hero is formidable. His party is slaughtering us one by one."
"So what? It's just the four of them. I'm not so sure whether they can handle all of us-"

...

"Sir?"
"Shhh...!!!!!!!!"

The commander looks at my direction. Shit! He noticed me?!

!!!!!!!!

I quickly took off but he appears immediately right in front of me and attempts to punch me in the face. I managed to block the punch but the impact is huge. I coughed out a little blood and was flung through 6 trees.

What! It's not teleportation!! He was just fast...shit. I never really fought demon in the past because I view them as my ally. But now...i didn't realise the commander and higher-ups are this strong!??

Shit...now what to do.

"Impressive, you survived?" He says. "Are you the guy who has been helping us?"

"Helping?"

"You took down Januar, killed half of the Union and killed Kazuki...right?"

I smirk. "How are you so sure?"

"I can sense the mana and feelings in you... it's similar to the demon lord. I see you also wish for humans to die huh."

"What are you stating?"

"How about this then? While we distract the hero. You go in and destroy everything. Let your inner demon out and massacre everything. Afterwards, you let us take over the city. You are here for the fun, we are here for conquering. It's a give and take situation." Says the commander.

...Normally I would have said yes but...
"Too bad. I have decided to leave this city for the last. It will be my main dish."

The demon smirk. "What a pity. Then you will die here."

He says that and releases his wings. His horns grow longer and he becomes more muscular in size.

He looks down at me.
I look up at him.

Despite the difference, I smile.

This feeling...again...its here.

THE FEELING OF BEING AT DEATH'S DOOR!!! YESS!!! AH...This pleasant feeling...

EXCITES ME MORE THEN FIGHTING THE HERO.

I smirk even wider. How can I miss this opportunity!! Let's see how you can defeat me.