1.

1.

"Zoey! What have I told you about painting in your school clothes?"

Sofia Flores, Zoey's Abuela, stood at the door frame, staring out into the paint covered backyard where Zoey sat, surrounded by the project of the week.

"Lo siento, Abuela. But I had to get this done before school started! I'll go change," Zoey stood up and went into the house, but Sofia just pushed her shoes at her.

"No, there's no time. Recuerda, Ashley got back yesterday."

Zoey gasped. "That's right!" She kissed her Abuela on the cheek and rushed out the door.

"Gracias, abuela! See you later!"

Slipping on the shoes, she grabbed her bag from the front door and left.

Two seconds later she walked past Sofia back into the backyard. Grabbing the canvas, she held the wet paint away from herself and walked out the door, shutting it behind her.

Running across the street, she threw open the door to her tío Victor's house.

"Where are you hiding her!" She asked with a smile. Ashley stood in front of the couch putting on a robe. Four guys stood behind the couch with their backs turned away from her.

"Ok what is happening here?" She asked Ashley, gesturing to the boys.

"Prima! " Ashley cried, holding her arms out with a smile on her face.

Zoey set the canvas down against the door frame and ran to hug her.

"Alright, I'm robed," Ashely called over Zoey's shoulder.

Victor turned around and told the others to do the same. "This is my niece, Ashley. I don't need to tell you to be gentlemen."

"Zoey, do you know these guys?"

"Yeah. I spend a lot of time here annoying tío Victor." Zoey laughed.

One of the guys walked over to them and shook Ashley's hand, "Let's start over, Stick Goldstein, equipment manager."

Another dude walked over. "I'm Tad, nice to meet you." He shook Ashley's hand too.

While he was shaking her hand, a harp started playing to accompany the lovestruck look on Ashley's face. Looking around, she found Ashley's phone. Handing it to her, she recognized the contact.

Immediately, Ashley pushed everyone out of the phone's view. She grabbed Victor and sat on the couch, answering the phone.

"Hey, mom!"

"Hey, Santina!"

"How's everything going with tío Victor?"

As the conversation progressed, Zoey awkwardly picked up her canvas, once again holding the paint away from herself.

"What's the point of holding the paint away from you if you already have paint on your clothes?" Stick asked.

Oh right. That.

"Oh shoot."

Zoey set the painting down again and sprinted to the bathroom.

"What was that?"

"Zoey lives across the street, remember?"

She waved really quickly, coming back into the frame then leaving again.

In the bathroom, she pulled out a set of fresh clothes that she kept under the sink. Coming back out, she grabbed the painting and tapped Victor on the shoulder.