; CHAPTER 10 ; - Rainy Day.

A/N -
Hey guys! sorry for the delay :( all this stuff with the virus going on has got me down so I haven't had much motivation to write.. but i've been pushing through and sparingly writing here and there! So I hope you guys like this! ✌︎('ω'✌︎ )

-

Sounds of rain slammed against the roof of the Kujo household. Holly was in the kitchen, silently cooking some food for the entire family. Kakyoin and his father had been invited over to stay for comfort after loss of such a wonderful woman. Kakyoin was silently sitting in the dark of the living room, knees hugged to his chest with his glasses set off to the side. The pale skin around his eyes were rubbed red from all the crying he had done the past few hours, his father helping Holly and thanking her for inviting them.

Through his nearly dead eyes, all he could focus in on was the roses that laid on the table, ringing loud in his ears. His mind was fuzzy and swarming with so many thoughts that were driving him insane and keeping him at a near breaking point; voices screaming in his head for him to hurt himself, that nothing even mattered, because he couldn't be there when his mother needed him the most. And part of him was almost ready to—

"Kakyoin..."

Holly's voice breaks the loud, shrieking of the voices, eyes soft with compassion as she slowly took a seat next to him. "How do you feel..?" Her hand moved to rub at his back and he flinches, glancing over with dull violets after. "...." He can't help but to just stare at her before leaning into her and wrapping his arms around her tightly, eyes squeezed shut.

"...Sorry.." He whispered and went to pull away, but Holly only pulled him back and moved closer. Her hand moved to gently run through his red locks, second hand gently running over his back.

"Don't be sorry. Take all the time you need." She says with a smile, earning a squeeze from the 22 year old. Trembling, he clings onto her and feels tears start to brim at his eyes again and fall down his cheeks; soft, quiet sobs coming from him as he laid out in her lap.

Jotaro watched from the door, teal eyes hidden by the brim of his hat.

Sitting outside, the raven sat on the porch. He's slumped over and holding his head as he thinks, cigarette in between his fingers as he feels hot tears streaming down his face now. So much had happened the past few days, and he felt so overwhelmed; just like the last days in Egypt. Painful memories started to resurface.

Her steps are quiet, but she slowly walked up behind the man, voice soft as she spoke to him. "Jotaro.." Holly places her hand on the boys shoulder. Kakyoin had been asleep for the past two hours, thankfully. He had been sleepless since the news came, and his eyes were getting noticeably bloodshot from the constant crying he had done. Jotaro sniffed a bit and rubbed his nose, looking up and to the side after a second. "What is it?" He murmured as he stood up, half smoked cigarette being pinched out by star and stuffed into the cartridge again, hands moving to his pants pockets. "You're.. crying?" She hadn't ever seen him cry before, besides the one time she walked in on him in his room to check up on him after Kakyoin's 'death.' It was a rare sight.

It hurt.

Holly pulled her son close and held onto him, despite him trying to pull her off, assuring her he was fine. But the tighter she held, the more he felt defeated, and the worse his thoughts suddenly became. Jotaro knew Kakyoin, he knew how he could get, how he could succumb to whatever darkness was in his head, and it scared him.

Large, tired arms wrap around her smaller form and he dug his head into the crook of her neck, hat sliding off and hitting the floor as he started to quietly sob into her, thick brows furrowed as his legs started to grow weak. She pulled him inside and sat down on the couch, carefully stroking his curly locks that heavily resembled his fathers hair, coos coming from her in attempts to calm her trembling son down.