Chapter 11 - Love

Chapter 11

Y/N's POV

Tonight was the last night. My final night with my boyfriend before he went off on his ridiculously classified mission and I couldn't be more confused with my emotions. On one hand, I'm ecstatic that there might be a chance of getting my lost uncle Luke back. But on the other hand, I just have a bad feeling. A really bad one.

Rubbing my hands together and creating heat from the friction, I sit down in my quiet space. A space that I had found many years ago where everything was gentle, away from the franticness at the base when I needed to try and connect with Luke. But obviously never achieving that.

For the first time in years, I had decided to come back, sit down and meditate. I had a plan and whether it would work or not I had no idea but I had to try.

Exhaling softly, I close my eyes and focus on the force, attempting to make any connection with any form of hope for the resistance. After a while, I felt the gentle heat of D'Qar go away and being replaced with the scorching heat of a desert, knowing that from the harsh feeling of large amounts of sand hitting my face, but not necessarily hurting too much.

Raising a hand up to cover my eyes, I open them to be temporarily blinded by the bright light. I stand up and look around the plain desert, noting a hut held up by metal poles and being protected by various sheets of brown and beige fabric. It looked like some kind of shop and seeing a small sign with a language I don't know confirms that. I think.

Considering that this hut is the only thing for miles - or so i'm supposing - I'm guessing that my 'hope' was in there. Why else would the force have brought me here? Watching the hut for a while, nothing. Until there is some loud shouting.

"That's it?" a female voice groans loudly, with an accent I don't recall hearing before now. I don't hear the reply but with the yell that the female produces afterwards, I'm guessing it was not what she wanted to hear.

The next thing I know, I watch a female body exit the hut but I can't see their face as it is covered in fabrics to keep the sun from scolding their face. From the moment she leaves the hut, I can feel the force radiating off of her. It's almost overwhelming. She's strong, but she doesn't know she even has it yet. I can tell that much. She hops onto a speeder that I hadn't even noticed until now, and starts it up. However, before she sets off and away to wherever she is headed, she turns. I feel a wave of panic as she turns and I disconnect from the force, taking me back to the now pouring down with rain wooded area on D'Qar.

I pant with shaky breaths, slightly in shock from the quick climate change. I can't help but wonder if she saw me there, standing in the middle of the desert on whatever planet I was taken to.

How long have I been out here for? I ask myself as drops of rain fall off of my nose and from my hairline. My hair was starting to wave from the dampness. My clothes are so soaked that they had turned sheer. I shiver as I wrap my arms around myself and stand up to walk towards the main camp.

D'Qar storms aren't simple. They come harsh and cold. I'm sure it's worse in other places but they're quite rare to D'Qar. I have a theory that they only ever come before something bad happens.

For some unknown reason, a dizzy spell hits me like a ton of bricks and I hold onto a thick trunk for stability as I touch my head, as if that would make the spinning halt. It doesn't stop and before I know it, everything turns black.

*****

Bright light blinds me as the black turns to white. My head pounds as I come back into consciousness. Where am I? Upon further speculation, I notice that I am in a medibay bed with a bundle of thick blankets on top of me. A monitor next to the bed shows a steady heart rate coming from myself.