[34]

It's been three weeks since we arrived back in Italy. It was a lot to process but Bex has been sitting down with my father, Lorenzo and the rest of the crew to piece together  what had happened just a few short weeks ago.

It turns out that her father, Bernard Jones was indeed running his own drug trafficking ring of sorts but with no links to the mafia he was finding it hard to get shipments in. Bernard was the middle man so to speak, he was getting his hands on drugs for the Mexican cartel who couldn't manage to get the drugs for themselves. He didn't try American shipments because he knew my father would come after him so he went for who he thought was an easier target, the Ricci's.

He had reached out to the Don many times, wanting to be part of the shipment drops but they run, but Lorenzo turned him down every time. After all, he was a small-time drug runner who was suppling the cartel and Lorenzo didn't want any part in that.

After being rejected one too many times and struggling to keep his promises to the cartel, he was drowning in debt and they were after him. He had one last chance to keep his promise to the cartel and that was to take on Lorenzo and the Ricci's himself, what he wasn't excepting was for my father to step in and help them.

And we know the rest of the story from there.

Bex had no idea her father was part of this and we believe her, her reaction to me being part of his life was proof enough of that for me, she never wanted this life, but it seems just the rest of us it chose her.

My mother has been helping her through her ups and downs as we all have, it's never easy to take a life but she had no choice and day by day she's getting better and better. She and Riccardo are also in a really good place right now and are working through everything together and looking towards the future.

"What are you doing out here Tesoro?" Dom questions as he makes his way out onto the balcony of his room

"Just thinking." I turn to him with a soft smile

"It's been a messy couple of weeks hasn't it?" he wraps his arms around

"I guess everything is becoming so real now, I only have four months left here, four months left with you." A tear slides down my cheek

"Hey." he whispers and presses a kiss to my forehead "It's okay Tesoro, we'll work it out."

I nod my head once as I snuggle into his arms. We'll work it out, that's what we've been saying for the past eight months, for the last eight months, from the day that I first him I told myself that twelve months is a long time and a lot can change in twelve months, that may be in twelve months we won't even be together. But every day that we've together I love him more and more and every day is a new day closer to leaving his side.

"Guess what" Bex squeals as she runs into the room. "Oh sorry." She stops herself once she realizes she's walked in on a moment

"It's fine" I smile "What's got you so chipper?"

"Ricci is taking me back to Paris."

"Really? That's so exciting." I smile

"Uh, anyway I'll let you get back to your moment," She says softly

"No, it's fine really, I'm fine." I smile softly and move from Dom's arms, making my way back into the room "Tell me about this holiday" I wrap my arm around her and walk her out of the room

Dom's POV:

I make my way down the hall and notice my brother's door is open and he laying on his bed. "Fratello"

"Little fratello" he replies as he sits up, his feet on the bed and knees up, and his arms wrapped around his knees

"Can I talk to you for a moment?"