Chapter 2

Two weeks later...

"Hello Korea," Y/N whispered. "Are you really going to be home? Or am I just dreaming?"

Y/N stared out the window of the plane as it touched down on a runway of Incheon Airport. She was really here. Her new home. Working her dream job.

It was too good to be true... The only thing missing from the perfect life would be her soulmate. That could happen at any time. Who knew? Maybe the country where her dream apartment and dream job had been waiting also held her soulmate.

Not that she was in a rush. But she missed Flipper. She needed someone to love her unconditionally like Flipper had.

Like a human was capable of that. She snorted. Soulmate or no, humans would always be human. Flawed.

She shook her thoughts loose as she disembarked and headed to get her luggage.

It seemed to take forever to find her suitcase, and when she finally did, she yanked to hard and tripped over her own feet.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid..." She thought, squeezing her eyes shut and waiting to hit the floor...

And then she didn't.

"Are you alright?"

Her eyes flew open and she looked up at the man who had caught her. His face was heavily shadowed despite the bright airport lights, probably because of the baseball cap he was wearing, pulled low. Were those metal rings on the brim? Wait... She breathed deep and caught a whiff of... Saltwater?

Suddenly she snapped out of it.

"Umm, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry! I'm so supid and clumsy I didn't mean to-"

She was caught off guard by the stranger's smile. Was it possible for one person to have lips so fricking thick?

"It's fine, really. You're not stupid or clumsy." The man smiled at her kindly and rubbed his neck, strangely serious. "Please, don't call yourself such things. You should love yourself."

Y/N fidgeted. "Yeah, well, I'm still sorry, and I'm fine. Thanks for catching me, I'll pay you back sometime."

"No need, it was a pleasure to catch a pretty girl like you!" The man smiled again. "Just love yourself!" he waved goodbye and threw Y/N a flying kiss.

Without thinking, she caught it, and she saw him smile before turning ad running to catch up with a group of people she hadn't noticed.

She had never really been able to see his face... But he'd been cute.

.

.

.

She woke up breathing heavily, although she didn't know why. Ever since she'd been accepted and started planning her move she'd had the same dream every night.

Wait.

Her flight left today.

What time was it??? She panicked and grabbed her phone, her stomach instantly dropping.

Oh heck no.

She should've left 20 minutes ago.

Out of bed and into the bathroom like a flash of early morning light, she got out of her old house in moments. She could get something to eat at one of the airport cafes.

Then the next moment she sprinted back and grabbed her carry-on before dashing out the door for the actual last time.

She'd said goodbye to Flipper the day before. It had been sad, but he was going to a new home soon anyways. At least she'd be able to distract herself from missing the adorable Dolphin at her new job... she hoped.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Jin adjusted his mask and looked around the crowded airport. They were just coming home from a quick weekend getaway, and it had been a lot of fun. No cameras, no paparazzi, just Bangtan.

He was watching the incoming luggage for his suitcase when a girl tripped as she was pulling hers off of the belt.

She slipped and Jin instinctively lunged forward to catch her.

She seemed to have frozen, landing stiffly in Jin's arms. For a brief moment he wondered if she were alright.

Then she sprang upright and bowed, apologizing profusely. Jin was about to just wave it off and leave when she said "I'm so stupid and clumsy I didn'tean too-"

Jin found himself interupting her quickly.

"It's fine, really. You're not stupid or clumsy. Please don't call yourself that." He smiled sincerely and itched his neck awkwardly, the slipped strings of his facemask rubbing awkwardly. "You should love yourself!" He considered fixing his face mask right away, then decided not to.

"Well, I'm still sorry, and I'm fine,  so thanks for catching me. Maybe I can oay you back some time." The girl fidgeted and looked at her feet, and Jin barely restrained himself from hugging her adorable self right there.

"No need, it was a pleasure to catch a pretty girl like you!" Jin smiled more broadly and winked at her flirtatiously. "You just love yourself!" He spotted his luggage then and grabbed it, turning to rejoin the rest of the guys as he raised his free hand in farewell.

She seemed glued to the floor, shocked.

He forced himself to turn away and walk towards the guys, fixing his face mask as he did.

She was so adorable. And she moved like someone who spent a lot of time in the water. So much so that he was reminded of a mermaid who'd just gotten her land legs. And that sweet, flustered look on her face when he'd winked. Not to mention the connection they'd had. It was something he hadn't experienced since he'd been among his own kind.

He smiled.

It was sad. Someone so perfect was in a place like this, out of his reach as much as if they'd never met...

He thought of her and took strength from knowing that she, at least, had her perfect somebody waiting for her.

Jin did not.

And it was something he'd learned to live with long ago.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Hello readers!! I'm back with another chapter, and my friend DIDN'T have to threaten the silent treatment this time, LOL!!!

Truth is, I'm trying to get each of my ongoing books updated before I start a new one! I had intended to start it over the weekend, but things came up, please be patient with me while I take care of a request in my One-shot book before I start!! I have already updated "Fears" for those of you who want to check it out.

The new book will be "Reluctant Enemies" and it will be pretty diffrent from what I've written before now. Please support my efforts!!! I purple all of you guys, thank you so.much for reading my book(s) !!! 

:)

Sorry about the short chapter