Leaf Meets Sand

Kagome was absolutely shocked to see Shippo, her young kit who she took care of when she was in the Feudal Era. He looked so different now when he was so small. It was also hard to believe that he grew up so fast.

"So what are you doing here?" Kagome asked.

"Well, I sensed your aura and Hachi's energy, so I decided to come." Shippo answered.

"I'm glad you're here, Shippo." Kagome said with a soft smile. Kirara mewed with agreement.

"Likewise, Kagome-chan." Shippo said and turned to Hachi, "Have been taking care of Kagome?"

"Yup, but she's also been taking care of me as well." Hachi admitted shyly as he scratched the back of his head.

"I should have known." Shippo sighed with a smile while shaking his head.

"Kagome, don't you have to get going soon?" Hachi asked.

"Oh that's right. Kakashi-sensei is meeting up with us," Kagome realized, "Could you take the bags back to the apartment?"

"Sure." Hachi said.

"I'll give him a hand." Shippo offered as he took the bag from Kagome's hands.

"Thanks, Shippo," Kagome thanked the kitsune, "Well I better get going. See you two later!"

Kagome waved goodbye as she ran down the road and turned around to head off to where her other two teammates were waiting for their sensei.

------------------------------------------------------------------

As usual, Kakashi was late. His students really hated his lateness. It made them wonder why the guy even chose to be a jounin sensei. They just wished that he would take his role more seriously. Which meant arriving on time when you're supposed to. So Kagome, Sasuke, and Sakura were waiting for him to arrive at the bridge.

"When will he ever show up on time?" Sakura asked.

"Probably never." Kagome replied, scratching Kirara's ears.

"Hn." Sasuke agreed.

Then they heard a poof above them and saw Kakashi crouching on top of a pole.

"Hello, everybody." he greeted casually. "Good morning. I got lost today, so-"

"YOU'RE LATE!" Sakura yelled angrily.

"Could you at least try to show up on time, Kakashi?" Kagome asked, "Do you ever keep your dates waiting wherever you go out?"

That question caused him to comically stiffened. He never would have guessed that Kagome would ask him that question. He usually arrives on time for his dates, the very few he had. He cleared his throat and began to speak.

"Anyways, we have a few D-ranked missions. Let's get going." Kakashi announced.

"Right!" Kagome agreed as Kirara mewed.

----------------------------------------------------------

The first mission they had was to pick out the weeds in an old lady's garden. Luckily Kagome knew the difference between weeds and herbs. However, Sakura had forgotten while she was glaring at Kagome and didn't pay attention to the plant she was taking out. But when she did, it was too late.

"Hey, you..."

Sakura looked up and noticed an angry old lady staring down at her.

"Um, u-um," Sakura stuttered, terrified of the angry woman, sweat dripping.

"Those aren't weeds..." The woman said.

"I-I-I-" Sakura stuttered, shaking.

"Those are herbs I've been cultivating!" The lady yelled as she began to pull on Sakura's cheeks.