Before Reading

Many of you know this, but this story disappeared for a little while. Part of me just wanted to keep it that way because as the writer, I don't love all aspects of this story like I did when I first wrote it I think five(?) years ago (something like that - crazy how long its been!) and I grew increasingly frustrated with certain comments that stemmed from people not taking the time to understand the entirety of the story. However, I know that for many people, this is special and not everyone had a chance to finish reading it when I unpublished it. So I am putting it back up.

With that being said - PLEASE remember a few things as you read:

IF YOU'RE GOING TO READ THIS STORY YOU NEED TO READ ALL OF THIS FIRST

Characters are not always going to make the "right" or "best" decision, THAT IS THE POINT. If you don't agree with it, that's fine but think of the value you can learn when you try to view situations through other people's perspectives (even if they are not "real" people).

Just because something doesn't feel like a big deal to you, doesn't mean it should be "normal". There is a situation that happens in this story and if you take it too simply, you're missing the point. And my actual opinion on it in real life isn't necessarily the same as the characters. Remember to consider everything leading up to the big moments. It's not one thing that makes a character upset - it's everything up until that point.

Finally, while I am ALL about representation - and it's something I want to be a lot better at, because I feel like I haven't done the best job in it in what I've previously written and it is incredibly important to me - there is not a LGBTQ+ narrative in this story. The comments that have been directed toward trying to twist it in this way are one of the BIGGEST reasons why I originally unpublished this story. Please do not try to create an angle that isn't there. It does not aid anyone to do this or think this way. People can be close to their friends, think about them fondly, and define a lot of their life around them without there being "more" to it. Just like in real life, you should not try to define other people based on whatever notion you think is right in your head. I'm hoping that this makes sense, as I definitely don't want anything to be misconstrued my intentions in talking about this.

Okay, that's all! I really hope you do enjoy the stories and I absolutely love reading your comments - just don't post ones that will annoy me 😉 hahaha.