013. what is real

› CHAPTER THIRTEEN ‹

"I can't believe I gave Beck those glasses." Peter scolded himself as he flung the curtains closed back in his hotel room. Raleigh did the same in the other corner of the room, peaking out for any of the drones that Quentin now had full control over. "How could I be that stupid?"

Raleigh turned to his friend, who was anxiously moving around Jaron and MJ. The two regular teens were still disoriented about what was happening and had remained mostly silent since they ran back into Peter's room. The projector sat on the full-sized bed, covered up by a blanket in case there was a camera or microphone in it.

"Peter, it's not just your fault." He watched the boy from his spot beside the curtained window. His body was heavy, and he only felt the weight intensify as he listened to Peter blame himself for the mistake they both caused. "You wouldn't have been so eager to give him the glasses if I didn't say what I did."

"It is my fault. Mr. Stark gave the glasses to me, so I was responsible for where they end up." He shook his head and gripped the ends of the desk as he shut down his laptop. "And now he's probably spying on us right now or sending a drone to come and kill us."

"You had access to killer drones?" MJ breathed out.

"Yeah," Peter admitted, "I didn't really want them, especially after I almost killed Brad."

MJ twisted her body around to look at both superheroes. "You almost killed Brad?"

Raleigh stopped digging through his backpack—which he had picked up from his room when they first arrived back—and looked up at both MJ and Jaron. They stared at them with wide-eyes, and Raleigh pointed his phone in their direction. "It was an accident!"

He flung his phone onto the bed and looked up at Peter, who was fumbling through a drawer beside him. A sharp prickling sensation jabbed at his abdomen as he spoke to his best friend. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but we need to talk to Mr. Fury and warn him about Beck."

Peter plucked out his own phone and nodded. He tapped the device against his palm. "I know, but he's probably already tapped our phones."

"So, what are you gonna do?" Jaron asked. He inched closer to them while remaining near MJ.

Peter thought for a moment, staring ahead, before blinking in realization. "We have to go to Berlin and talk to Mr. Fury in person."

He chucked his backpack onto the bed beside the projector and Raleigh's phone. Realizing what Peter was getting at, Raleigh bounced to his feet and dug through Peter's bag in search of his crumbled stealth suit. When he tugged it out, he looked back up and realized Peter had already taken off his shirt and had his hands on his belt. However, he had stopped, remembering that they had company, and blushed as he looked at MJ and Jaron.

"Oh, sorry." The two teenagers cringed and turned around, giving Raleigh and Peter time to undress and put on their stealth uniforms. Raleigh pulled on everything but kept the aviators pulled up onto his forehead, so his eyes just showed through two holes in the mask.