21 • The Race

・゚: *・゚:* Your POV *:・゚*:・゚

Mr. Aizawa talked me into still participating in the festival. I agreed. He then had to leave the room to go to the commentators' area. It was Class 1-A and I in the room waiting.

Shoto stayed by my side since the whole incident happened, but I told him that I was going to be okay.

"You sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, I want to be alone right now." I told him. Shoto pushed a piece of my hair away from my face and placed a kiss on my forehead. He got up and let me be.

I closed my eyes and brought my knees close to me. I heard my classmates conversing as they usually would, but I didn't join.

I could hear Shoto talking to Midoriya, "Looking at things objectively I'm stronger than you. But All Might has his eyes on you, doesn't he? I'm not trying to pry on that but I will beat you."

Kirishima attempted to defuse the situation, but Shoto told him off. When I focused on Shoto's signature, it was filled with anger. I wondered why he was so angry.

"We're not here to play at being friends." Shoto said. After that sentence I knew what this was about. At first, I knew he was against me hanging out with Katsuki and his fear came true. This whole friend thing to Katsuki was just to get him his first place in the festival, he never really cared about me, he was just playing at being friends. Shoto is blaming himself for my actions right now.

"Todoroki..." Midoriya started, "I don't know what you're thinking when you say you'll beat me, but, of course, you're better than me. I think you're more capable than most people looking at it objectively. But the student from the other courses are aiming for the top with everything they've got. I can't afford to fall behind. I'll be hoping for it with everything I have, too."

Everything Midoriya said was true. Everything he said resonated with me. Objectively, I'm do fall behind everyone, but I have a whole community to represent and that should be enough strength to get me through this.

I stood up instead of moping in my corner. Everyone looked in my direction in surprise, I walked over to Katsuki and sat across from him at the table he was sitting at.

"I don't really care about winning. I just need to beat you." I said. "You fucking asshole."

I got up and stood by the door, waiting to be called out the room.

|||
Third Person

Present Mic invited everyone to the first years, U.A Sports Festival. The crowd was loud and energetic. He welcomed in, "Hero Course, Class 1-A!"

The whole class walked into the center of the arena. (F/n) parent's were watching from their jobs and proudly pointing out their daughter until they saw the black hair and eyes on (F/n).

They immediately went to their phones and started calling Mrs. Yamamoto who noticed it as well when she walked out. Minori saw it as well. Mrs. Yamamoto reassured (F/n)'s parents that she would take care of her and they were not to worry, she told them she would call them back.

"Is Big Sis okay?" Minori asked in large amounts of concern and fear remembering what happened last time her hair and eyes were black.

"Yeah, yeah, she will be. Don't worry."

・゚: *・゚:* Your POV *:・゚*:・゚