▹ Finally free

It was a bittersweet day for George. The day of his cast on his leg being removed had finally come but happened to land on the day the group were scheduled to film a carpool karaoke with James Cordon. Of course, with his love for James and Carpool Karaoke, he was upset but there was nothing he wanted more than to get the cast off of his leg and finally be able to reach that itch that had been bothering him for weeks. 

The night before the show, George bid his members goodbye and returned to South Korea to get the cast removed. Of course, news spreads fast and when George was spotted in Incheon airport with a mask covering the lower half of his bare face and a bucket hat on his head, fans were worried. They knew of the leg break and of course, it pained them to see George on crutches and army thanked the gods that no information of George's return to Korea was leaked so he was able to get through the airport freely. 

With George being back in Korea, a few media outlets had followed him around the very next day and some fans who had caught a glimpse of him updated the twitter worriers that he was seen entering the hospital. Some were afraid that something terrible had happened whilst others caught on quickly to the fact that he was just getting his cast removed. 

"How does it feel to be a free man, George?" Asked his manager as they slid into the car. 

George removed his hat and glasses and rolled his eyes at the wording. "You say that like I've just been let out of prison. But, I will say it feels amazing to not have the cast on though it sucks that I still can't walk properly." 

The doctors had informed him that he would be using a crutch for at least a few weeks at most but that didn't matter to him, he could at least move around the stage properly when performing now and that's the thing that he was most excited about. Despite the heartbreak of not being able to dance for a few weeks either, he was grateful that the cast was completely gone.

George was in the car when his ringtone sounded unexpectedly. He pulled out the phone and frowned as he saw that Namjoon was FaceTiming him. Answering the call, he saw Namjoon and could briefly see Jungkook and Hoseok at the back. 

"What do you want? I left to get away from you," George whined playfully in the phone. 

"Oh, so i see how it is. I guess you don't wanna speak to James the--"

"JAMES!" George cheered loudly almost deafening his manager as Namjoon turned the phone to face a laughing James Corden. 

"No, he's Papa Mochi," Jimin's voice sounded from somewhere in the back. 

"George! Why aren't you here? I was looking forward to a conversation with my fellow Brit!" James asked. 

"I had to leave America early to free my leg of its cage," he explained with an excited smile before angling the camera down to his free leg. 

"How did you break it?" James asked with a grin that made George believe he already had been told by Namjoon off camera. 

George licked his lips and looked away with tinted cheeks. The memory was an embarrassing flashback that he disliked remembering. The group on the other line laughed at his facial expression. 

"Touchy subject, touchy subject," Jungkook called out. 

"I...may have fallen down the stairs and broke my leg. Also, I could've died because I smashed my head against the wall. So, you can all laugh but a few more seconds and I could've died." He shrugged looking away sassily though he quickly whipped his head back towards the screen when he heard Namjoon explaining that he could be dramatic. "I am not." 

"Yah! Not dramatic? You are the most dramatic person on this planet, you are more dramatic than the person who invented dramatic!" Jin fumed in Korean.

George scoffed. "Nah not me. I'm the least dramatic person ever." 

The entire group scoffed. "Yeah, whatever. Anyway, George, I have to end the call." 

"Alright. Make sure that my Jimin is eating well, he's a growing boy and I'm not there to monitor his intake of food. I LOVE YOU JIMIN." 

"I LOVE YOU!" Jimin called back with glee before the phone call ended. 

George dropped his phone at the side of him as his little sister entered the room. Without saying a word, she climbed up onto his lap and rested against his chest as she handed him the remote as a silent demand to put cartoons on. With one hand wrapped around her tummy to keep her steady, George leaned his head against hers and switched the channel to one of her favourites. 

She cheered loudly when she saw that it was one of her favorite shows and clapped excitedly earning a chuckle from her older brother who pecked her head and settled back to watch the show with her. 

Sure, he was sad he couldn't be with his members but at least he got to spend some extra time with his family again. 

_______________________________________

I started writing this a few days ago and completely forgot about it but at least it's finished now. 

Thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but I hope you enjoyed anyway. 

You're greatly appreciated 💜

━ Blue x