Chapter Ten-

Okay... To begin with.... I Am SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN TWO MONTHS! really sorry. I had finals! And now I'm done with First year in Uni! Yipeee! :D

So here's 10.Btw --- WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW READERS! I LOVE YOU AWESOME PEOPLE! <3 <3PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE, AND LEAVE ME A COMMENT!!!

ehl_kayy_writes  

The 'avoid-Santana-by-all-means' stunt Daemon was pulling was starting to get on my nerves and not in a 'I'll get over it in a day' way.

By on the way Daemon was acting, you'd think I'd contracted Ebola overnight. He kept his distance, even when we were carpooling. He'd have on the smile that I could tell easily was a forced one and everything was... weird, tense... awkward.

He'd used to hug me when we met first thing in the morning and then he'd at least come in for a drink after school once a week. And he hadn't even once replied to any of my texts.

I might sound clingy right now, throwing a fit over the lack of attention Daemon directed my way, but I had reason to. Daemon Matthews had integrated himself into my life so much that I expected an explanation for his distance.

And that, dear people is why I will be disturbing his all-you-can-shank buffet he'll be having at Dave's house, thanks to his not having to rush to meet my curfew.

The nerve of him! The only reason I was even at those parties was because of him. The only reason I didn't find my own way home was because he always insisted I ride back with him, and the one time I found a ride with Josh during sophomore year when he had to rush home, Daemon threw a hissy fit.

I expected an explanation and the jerk better be ready to deliver or he won't be getting anything other than a slap in the face from me.

'I have to go to the party,' I mentally repeated. 'I have to.'

My resolution was clear. I have to go to the party, even if I had to be driven there by the sadistic, stick-up-his-proverbial-ass, too-good-for-anyone jerk leaning against the marble counter across from me.

Driving a fork into my eye would be less painful then the stare down we were having.

Jenny was getting ready for the party whilst her brother and I waited for her, and god forbid we not glare at each other during the century it took Jenny to get ready.

I pretty sure we'd already broken a world-record for the time we'd gone not blinking, not forfeiting.

His green eyes were a unique color, and if I didn't hate his cocky self, I'd probably be hyperventilating and drooling. His eyes were looking over me with pure... distaste... hatred. I didn't quite understand where all this hatred rooted from. Had I offended his 'supreme' self in a past life?

As the question formed, his face broke out with a half grin half amusement.

I arched a brow, confused. Did he think I'd let myself lose to him in a freaking 'stare-down'? Never!

He arched a perfect chocolate brown brow and smirked devilishly. "So... how long have you been in love with Daemon?"

And that, ladies and gentleman is how I lost the stare-down.

I blinked, stunned, shocked and a little bit worried.

"Whaaaaat?!" I exclaimed.

He chuckled smugly. "You heard me Marie. How long have you had this puppy dog crush on your best friend?"

In my shocked state, I didn't even give two hoots about the fact that he knew my middle name, which was scary weird. "I... I..."

"Don't try that with me."

"Try what?"

"Denying it. You've been found out! So how long?"

"I won't dignify that obscene question with an answer." I got up off the bar stool and headed towards Jenny's room.

"Says everyone when they know they're caught," he said after me. "Now, all that's left, is to figure out whether to tell dear oblivious Daemon or not?" His volume had decreased and yet I still heard him.

My blood chilled. Nooo!!

I turned around, spotting Jesse's retreating figure as he disappeared into what I'd guess to be his room.

I knocked on the door instead of kicking it open Chuck Norris style.

"What do you want Marie?" he asked. Even through a door, I could hear the smirk on his face.

"Uhmm... can we talk?" I toned down the anger in my voice.

The door was opened narrowly in response.

Taking that as a yes, I walked in.

Who would've guessed that Mr Cocky-Stick-Up-His-ButtHole was a clean freak?

Actually... I take that back. Considering the fact that he thought he was too good for basically everyone in this forsaken town, why wouldn't he be a clean freak?

He had a four poster bed covered in a neutral navy blue cotton bedspread, a walk in closet that was about the size of my room, a 40-inch plasma mounted on the wall, a desk and a lazy boy recliner, black leather. Yep, he reeked of wealth, and confidence.

I jumped an inch when I heard the door slam shut behind me.

I turned around, eyes widening slightly as Jesse reclined his body against the pine door.

"So, what was it that you wanted to discus exactly?" he asked, a smug smile on his face.

"You know..." I couldn't bring myself to confirm anything.

"Say it, at least."

I sighed. "Yes, you were right. I like Daemon."

He chuckled darkly. "And? You're stating the obvious, why?"

It took all I had to not slap that smugness of his face.

"I'd appreciate it if you... kept it to yourself." Grovelling was definitely not a good look on me.

He laughed again. "Oh Marie, Marie, Marie." he stood up straight and walked towards me. "You misunderstand."

"Misunderstand what?"

"Me."

The expression on my face must have relayed my confusion.

"You've misunderstood my intentions entirely. You see, in order for me to keep this secret from your... clueless love, I expect something in return. You see, I don't do things for free. And I'm in dire need of entertainment in this godawful town. And you see, I think you could provide some for me."

Confusion didn't fully express my state. "What? What do you...?"

"You see I'm a man that likes the attention but not that much, and in exchange for my silence... I need you to..." He was definitely a dramatic.

"What?!" I demanded when he still hadn't finished his sentence.

"I need you to fall for me."