Prologue

NOTE: This is a draft part of the beginning of the story.   I would really appreciate your honest  feedback!   Thank you!

In the Grant county of Indiana, there lived a small town out in the middle of nowhere.   It's an area that is local by scatters of small forests, lakes and even farms.  Downtown of the rural area, you barely see the people walk by, or even just say simple hello.   They are busy with their own errands and don't have time to greet newcomers.  Yet, the elders would be glad to have a simple conversation with you.

Just outside the town's limits, about five miles away, lived a small cape cod house and farm attached to it.  The house is very old and built with pure wood from nearby forests.  It once shelter in a lovely family of four.  A father, his lovely wife, and their two boys named Henry and Charlie.  Everything was perfect being together.  Until one day things turned around.

A man from the town's hall came over to remind the parents that their low payments are due. Since the father was the one who's responsible for paying them, he decided to procrastinate the papers, and continue on spending time with his sons.  Days later, the mail piled up showing the mother expressing her anger towards her husband, after finding out there weren't enough to pay off the expenses.  She yelled at him, cursed him, mimicking his words saying, "'Everything will be alright! There's nothing to be worried about! I'll take care of it!'"  She took off without saying another word.  Thus, changing the heart of the family forever.

The little boys were scared to death of what had become of their father.   He'll come home every evening being more devastated everyday, drinking booze all night and sometimes abused one of his sons accidentally.  One night the drunken man hit his fifth-teen year old Henry to the ground. The father's face wrinkled with fear and confusion.  He saw his  terrified boy lying on the floor with tears pouring out his eyes questioning  his dad that he couldn't understand.  Enough was enough. 

The next morning, Henry and Charlie awoke from their sleep feeling weary and exhausted. Before the boy's were about to start their daily routine in the fields, Charlie went upstairs to wake up his dad to lead the way. Unfortunately, he was nowhere to be seen. His drawers were empty as well as some of the food in the storage. With this occurrence, the boys were on their own to live on without a decent parent.