Part 19

Y/N's POV

"U-us?" I stuttered, unsure of where this was going.

"Ah, not romantically. Maybe we could start as friends?" Jimin suggested, lifting our hands and waved it a little in a friendlier way.

"I thought about it again, and I think it's better if we know each other first. Do you want to be my friend, Y/N?" he continued as he looked into my eyes sincerely.

I huffed out a relieved breath at his suggestion and smiled at the idol in front of me.

"I'd be glad to be your friend, Park Jimin" I changed the way we hold hands so that we're formally shaking hands now.

Both of us grinned and we played the usual ice-breaking games like twenty questions and so on.

I didn't know why, but after agreeing to be just friends with Jimin, I felt better.

Like the burden on my shoulder was lifted.

Maybe the weight of being liked by a famous idol had taken a larger toll on me than I thought it would be.

And when the weight was finally off me, I felt very much lighter and without realizing, I managed to doze off while Jimin was talking about where he bought all those accessories and how many boxes of jewelries he had at their dorm.

--

I woke up at the clatter and the sound of glass breaking.

I rubbed my eyes and when I grasped the position I was in, I was amazed at how I managed to stay seated on the chair at the kitchen island and not fall down while sleeping.

"Fuck, the hell, shit oh my goodness damn I'm already late why does this happen?" My brain was cleared instantly from all the sleep remaining at the strings of curses from the familiar voice.

"Jimin?" I turned around to search for the owner of the voice and found him crouching down close to my feet.

"You're awake? Don't move!" he suddenly shouted when I tried to move my feet away from his face, and I widened my eyes at that.

"Sorry, I broke the coffee mug. Don't move, you might hurt your feet. Let me clean it up a bit," he explained, and I observed the shattered glasses around my feet.

His hand was moving so fast that I was afraid that he would injure himself.

But he didn't.

In fact, he looked too skillful in this.

"Slow down, Jimin" I still warned.

"Well, I can't. I'm late for my schedule, Y/N. I fell asleep as well after seeing you sleep so soundly and just woke up a few minutes before you and unfortunately while I was rushing to get off the chair I knocked down the mug and this happen" he rambled so fast that I think he could rap just as fine as the rap liners.

I looked at the clock on the wall and it was indeed already afternoon.

12.30 p.m.

"When is your schedule?"

"At one,"

"You have a driver? Your manager?"

"No, I asked them to meet at the location itself that's why I'm freaking out right now" he quickly dumped all the glasses into the bin.

"Is it impossible to reach there in half an hour?"

"No, yes, maybe? I can't drive without being scolded by my company and calling a cab now would be a hassle because it's lunch hour," he answered as he finished everything.

"Do we have any car here?" I asked, and he paused for a moment.

"Now that you ask for it, yes, there should be one. Noona said to leave it here in case you had emergency," I smiled at his answer and looked straight into Jimin's eyes.

"Do you believe me?" I questioned the boy.

"W-what?"

"Let me be your driver," I smiled like the cat in the Alice in the Wonderland and could visibly see Jimin's Adam's apple bob in nervousness at my offer.

--

"Y/N, slow down!! God, please slow do – the motorcycle uncle! You're too close!"

Jimin screamed along the way I was driving and I kind of understood why.

I would be afraid of my driving as well.

But not when I was behind the steering.

We safely arrived at the said location just three minutes before the clock strikes to one.

Luckily the windows were overall tinted so no one could see or record Jimin's panicking face.

Otherwise, they might think that Jimin was kidnapped and it would be all over the tabloid tomorrow.

"I feel sick," Jimin voiced out weakly as he got out the car.

"Noona, do you want to stay for a while?" Jungkook asked me as he supported Jimin.

I had asked help from the boy earlier to assist Jimin in walking towards their shooting location and he agreed to help without much question.

"Can I really do that?" I asked with hopeful eyes and saw the previous charismatic unnie walking towards us.

"I don't see any problem. The place is free from any outsiders, so there should be no problem. Stay close to me, don't disturb the workflow and you'll be fine" she said as she reached us three.

"Thank you unnie!" I clapped and quickly followed behind her while Jungkook brought Jimin to the make-up and changing room.