chapter twenty-one.

ALLISON SHOOK HER HEAD IN DISBELIEF AT THE WOMAN. There was no way that her sister was kidnapped. The woman before her eyed her like she was in the wrong. Like she was overreacting to her sister being gone. She yelled at her, threatening to tell her where she was.

"She's in a town, called Woodbury." The dark-skinned woman responded calmly.

Allison gave her a glare and Daryl looked to her, squinting his eyes. He gave her a look that said, 'calm down'. The blonde huffed, going in the corner to calm down a bit.

It's all been too much. From Lori dying because of her, to the new born crying all night, missing her mom. Allison would wake up every night and hold her for what felt like hours. Although Rick was starting to help a bit, she still felt as if she couldn't get a break.

Daryl walked up to her once they decided that they would go to this Woodbury to get Glenn and Maggie. "Hey. We goin'." He told her.

Allison sighed and then nodded, getting her weapons ready. What she didn't expect was Daryl to nudge her lightly, trying to get her to look at him. "She's gon' be fine."

All Allison did was look at him with a blank stare, a stare that Daryl couldn't figure out.

-

It was nighttime when they approached this town, Michonne they learned her name was, lead them to. They looked to the guards on their watch, Allison starting to get impatient.

Michonne sighed deeply, getting up and leaving, Rick yelling at her to stop. They all conversed while Allison just looked to at the town, trying to see if there was a way in.

The woman came back, telling them to follow her. Everyone obeyed, following her to a small cabin.

Quietly walking in, they all drew their weapons, in case a threat was coming towards them. Allison was last in line. She closed the door behind her gently, trying not to make much noise.

Not knowing that they had stopped, she bumped into Daryl, almost falling over. "Sorry." She whispered and he waved her off, not thinking anything of it.

Once they saw there was no one in there, Daryl walked over to the window, seeing people walking around. "Thought you said there was a curfew?" He asked Michonne.

"The street is packed during the day, those are stragglers." She told him.

"We gotta move." Rick added in, not wanting anyone to see them in there.

"They could be in his apartment." Michonne suggested.

"And what if they aren't?" Allison growled.

"Then we'll look somewhere else."

"You said you could help us." Rick got close to her in a threatening manner.

"I'm doing what I can." Michonne told them.

"Then where the fuck are they?" Allison almost yelled, angry at this whole situation. Daryl gripped her arm, bringing her into the corner where everyone else gathered up.

"If this goes south, we're cutting her loose." Rick told them. Allison hummed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Let's split up." Daryl suggested and they all nodded their heads.

Allison looked to Daryl, who was already looking at her. "What's up?" He asked her once everyone walked back.

"I just wanna find them." Allison told him, her hands shaking a bit.

"Nah. It's somethin' else." Daryl watched her, she looked as if she was on edge. Everything spooked her, she was almost paranoid that she would die at any point.

There was a sudden knock at the door, ending their conversation. Daryl quickly grabbed her and pulled her behind a door, the two being as close as ever as they hid from this person.

Daryl looked to his right, seeing if they were in sight. Allison looked at his face, not used to being this close to him. She swallowed nervously, her breath trembling as their chests touched. Daryl turned to her once he felt her eyes looking at him and he then noticed how close they were. If it wasn't so dark, then Allison would have noticed Daryl flicker his eyes at her lips for a second. Just a second.

"I know you're in here. I saw you moving from outside." The man said once he opened the door. The man continued to walk their way as Rick got ready to pounce on him in any moment, and he did.

"Shut up. Get on your knees." Rick threatened as he pointed his gun to his head.

The man obeyed as he trembled in fear. Daryl and Allison moved from their spot, Daryl feeling something in his stomach as she just avoided his eyes.

"Where are our people?" The gun was pointed to the mans head, finger on the trigger. There was no way he could lie now.

"I don't know. I don't know." The man cried. Wrong answer. Allison thought, her hand curling around her knife.

"You are holding some of our people. Where the hell are they?" Rick put the gun closer to his head as Allison was starting to get angry, and Daryl could see just by the way her hands were so steady on her knife.

The man repeated the same answer and Allison stepped up. "Wrong." She kicked him in the head and brought her knife to his neck. "Tell me or I'll stick this knife right in your fucking trachea."

Everyone looked to her as if she was crazy as she held the knife so close to his neck. They've never seen her like this. So violent. So threatening.

"They might be in the room where we put in our prisoners. It- it's one street over." He told her, his voice shaking as blood ran down his head from where she kicked him.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" Allison got up and and grabbed some type of cloth from the floor and stuck it in his mouth, then knocking him out with a punch.

"Let's go."