Chapter 8

Sorry, I had a little writer's block so it'll be quite short... Even so, please enjoy this chapter

'I' :Kurama talking
'Hope' :Thoughts to Kurama
'You' :Author speaking
"Enjoy~" : Naruko speech in the physical

_Naruko's POV_

"Ngh..." I groaned out in pain as I rub my growing headache.

"What... Happened?" I muttered under my breath.

I opened my eyes and saw that I was being princess carried by Killua, "Oh, hey Killua. Thanks for carrying me here... Did we make it out?" I ask.

"Naruko?" I hear the others exclaim as they come towards me.

Tonpa stayed away from me, shooting wary glances at me now and then.

The guys then started firing questions at me, worsening my headache.

"SHUT UP! One at a time please..." I said,

"Alright then what happened to your voice previously? It was so low and deep, almost feral sounding..." Leorio trailed off.

"Oh... That was my demon... His name is Kurama." I replied.

Hey Kura~ I see you remember. Yup...Brother... Thank god you remember.

"You have a demon!!?" They exclaimed in surprise.

"Yup~" I said with a bright smile, "No more questions." I said with a cold smile as I saw Tonpa opening his mouth to say something.

"Now let's get out of the tower." Leorio grumbled.

"Ooh! It's the airship again!" I exclaimed, pointing at it excitedly. "Let's board it." I say happily.

......

"To all who passed phase three, congrats. Phase four will begin shortly so please take a short break until then." An old grandma read out.

As everyone happily tries to cross, "Hold up. In here... you have to pay ten million to advance." She said with a grin. As everyone stared in shock.

"Woah, that's expensive!" I exclaim. "I think I'll live in the forest." I state, Been there and done it... Should be easy.

But you don't know what creature resides in the forest. Uhh... True... "However, there is an alternative. What have you got to trade?" The grandpa said.

"Hmm... Let's split up." I suggested to the group and immediately left towards the shipwrecks.

I went digging into a pile of thrash in the ship and happened to find something shiny, "Ooh, a pretty necklace. I wonder if this could be traded off?"

"Why yes... It seems to be worth a lot of money." I hear a jester-like voice sound out.

I turned around to see, "Hey mr clown! I didn't see you though?" I exclaimed, waving at him, he chuckled at my antics before he came out from the pile.

"Why don't we... Cooperate?" He proposed.

"Sure~ Let's do this together and split the earnings!" I exclaimed, eager to get help.

"Alright." He said as I continued diving into different piles.

I stood up onto the pile and chuckled evilly, "Hey Hisoka I got a lot of stuff~" I called out walking towards him as his head popped out of nowhere.

He was around my height now since he was buried in the pile, "You se-" I tried to show him the goods when I fell, both of us did.

My lips touched his lips as our eyes widened in disbelief. "Mmghhgjd!" I exclaimed in shock before I realized my hand connected to his hand.

WHAT!!??!

I quickly parted away and tried to cover my face only for my hand to be connected to one side of his hand. "What the-!" I exclaimed looking at our hands.

"Hey! The ring I placed on is connected to yours!" I exclaimed, remembering that I placed these matching rings on our 'friendship' that I claimed.

"URGH! It won't come off." I said as I tried to separate my hand from his. "Hisoka do you know how to separate this?" I questioned.

"... Hisoka?" I looked up to see him dazed out, "HISOKA!" I exclaimed, doing random funny things in front of him but nothing was working.

"Stand up Hisoka, I don't like lying down on top of you... Besides I'm heavy..." I groaned in annoyance before I decided to blow into his ears that were conveniently right there.

"Fuuuu~ Hey! Don't daze out on me." I tried waking him up.

But he didn't even blink at me, much less react to me speaking so I bit on his ears. Not that hard for it to bleed but hard enough to get his attention, as I begin nibbling on it, "Wake... Up!"

"Oww!" I hear Hisoka jolt up, causing our foreheads to smack against each other as I fall backwards.

Groaning as I rubbed the sore spot I complained, "Why didn't you just wake up from the beginning..."

"Sorry... I was just lost in thought." "Okay... Now help me remove this ring!" I exclaim trying to yank it off of me.

"Wait, we don't have time to deal with this. Let's just find more treasures first." He exclaimed in a panicked way which made me tilt my head in confusion.

"Okay..." I trailed off after thinking that it seemed logical enough, IT'S NOT LOGICAL! Oh calm down brother, I wanna get into the hotel and relax so just deal with it.

No way! Not acceptable! Detach his hands from yours so you can continue! Nuh uh! Time is money bro! Besides, I know you are a sis-con...

No! Your first kiss got stolen! By him! Be more upset and sensitive about it! He exclaimed. Uh... I don't care, I'm still a little girl so Imma pretend I heard nothing~

Naruko! I heard him warn, It's not like anything will happen, chill! I exclaimed with annoyance, before closing the mind link off between us.

"What's wrong... Girl?" I heard him question as I turned to look at him, which was a big mistake since his face was closer to me now.

"Uwahh!" I exclaimed, flustered by the closeness between us.

"L-let's just focus on the goods!" I exclaimed, dragging him off to another pile.