Chapter 11.

Her eyes meet mine and I notice that his eyes are beautiful , she hasn't actually made eye contact with me until now. She looks away quickly and I walk past her out of the bathroom. She grabs my arm, not gently and pulls me back.

"Do not touch me!" I yell and jerk my arm from her.

"Have you been crying?" She asks, her tone curious. If it wasn't Max I might actually think she was concerned.

"Just leave me alone Max" she stands in front of me, her tall frame blocking my movements. I can't take much  more of her games. "Max, please. I am begging you, if you have one decent bone in your body you will leave me be. Just save whatever mean comment you are going to say for tomorrow. Please" I beg her. literally. A flash of confusion flashes in her eyes before she speaks.

"There is a room down the hall you can sleep in, Addison is already in there." She says. I wait a second for her to say something else, but she doesn't. She just stares at me.

"Okay" I say and she moves out of my way.

"It's the third door on the left." She instructs and heads down the hall. "Goodnight Charli" I hear as she disappears into her bedroom. What the hell was that? Maxx without any rude comments? I know I am in for it if I see hee tomorrow. She is probably already planning out all the snide comments she will make to me.

The third room on the left is a plain room, much smaller than Max with two small beds. It looks more like a dorm room than the large room that Max has. Maybe she is the leader or something? The more likely explanation is that everyone is afraid of her and she bullied herway into the largest room. Addison is laying across one of the beds so I kick off my shoes and cover her with the blanket before locking the door and laying down on the other bed. My thoughts are all over the place as I fall asleep, images of swallows and green eyes flow through my dreams.