(Long Time Lover#2)Peter Maximoff

Again, I'm obsessed with Marinna and I grew up with her in early middle school and stuff soooo deal with it :) 

This matches up with the theme of this one-shot perfectly as well so please give it a listen ^^

Enjoy~

Warnings- None

Type- Sad/Angst 

After confessing at the canopy, Peter took me back to my room and kissed me goodnight. 

"I'll see you, tomorrow dummy," he said rubbing my head. I giggled and punched his arm.

"Shut up dumbass," 

He giggled and hugged me before leaving.

I walked into my room and shut the door. I smiled and almost started to cry with happiness. I sat on the edge of my bed and smiled. My dream had finally come true...

                                                                              ~Time Skip~

(Two weeks later)

"He has just been acting different! I don't know how to describe it. He doesn't take me out anymore, he doesn't text or call me and he doesn't even answer my calls or texts. When I'm with him he won't hug me and he rarely looks at me. It's nothing like it was the first week of dating him." I was outside in the courtyard on a bench explaining my situation to Scott. Peter had been acting weird lately and I didn't know why.

"Have you tried to talk to him about what's going on?" he asked scratching his head.

"Yes! He denies everything and thinks he has been normal." I said almost crying.

"Shhh, don't cry," Scott hugged me and swayed back and forth. 

I wiped my tears away and sniffed.

"I just don't know what to do anymore," I said with my voice cracking.

"I'll talk to him and see what's up," Scott said standing up and brushing himself off.

"Okay," I sniffed. 

I hugged Scott one last time before watching him walk away towards the building. 

I sat outside and stared at the ground. So many negative thoughts passed through my head. 

'What if he isn't happy with me? What if he's cheating? What if he is going through something really bad and doesn't trust me enough to tell me? HE ALWAYS USED TO TELL ME THINGS WHEN WE WERNT DATING?!' 

I started to tear up again. I got up and stretched then started to walk back inside to take a break. On the way inside I saw Peter, walking with a girl I had never seen before. She had long blond hair and was dressed in a mini skirt with a crop top. Peter was smirking at her and looking her up and down every couple of seconds. They were laughing and giggling. 

I stood still in shock. I started getting light-headed. My nose started to bleed. I could feel my blood boiling. The next thing I knew, I was on the concrete, blood pouring out of my nose, eyes, and ears. I couldn't hear anything. I couldn't speak or move. I just watched, as medics came running to my side. I watched Peter stare at me. For the first time in forever, he looked genuinely worried about me. He let go of his bag and ran over to me. That's when my lids grew heavy and all I could see was black. 

"(y/n)?...(y/n)!" I heard someone saying my name loudly. 

I opened my eyes and saw Scott, Peter, Jean, Jubilee, and Peter standing by my bed. I was in the clinic laying in a white bed. 

"Are you okay?" Scott asked holding my hand. 

I nodded. I stared at Peter. He was cross-armed standing at the end of my bed. I glared at him.

"Can you guys give me and (y/n) some alone time..." Peter said. His eyes grew dark and he uncrossed his arms.

Everyone stood up and gave me a sympathetic look before slowly leaving the room. 

When everyone was gone, Peter pulled up a chair and sat on the side of the bed. For a long minute, we were silent. He knew why I was in here. 

"Why..." I said. My eyes became glassy again. 

He just stared at me. He looked so sad. He knew he was wrong. 

"I-..." he sighed. "I just don't feel it anymore. It's not like it used to be. I know you're happy and I love seeing you happy but, I'm not (y/n). I'm sorry. I really am." he said putting his head in his hands.

I just stared at him. The words stung. More than anything I have ever felt before. 

I stared at my hands. I was ruining his happiness. I was a waste of time.

"So I guess this is it... I'm sorry I couldn't make you happy Peter. I'm sorry I was too much. I'm sorry I called you every night to make sure you were okay and you were busy messing with other girls. I really am sorry," I said getting up. 

"(y/n) get back in bed you need to rest!" he said grabbing my arm and holding me back.

I looked into his eyes before punching him in the nose.

"Don't tell me what to do bastard," I said before storming out of the room.

'I don't need him. I don't need anyone. I just need to be successful. Fuck everything else in this cruel world. Nothings important anymore except my success. '

I heard Peter running after me and saying my name.

I clenched my fists and kept walking. I walked past all of my 'friends'. I walked past everyone. No matter how many times they called my name I didn't hear it. I just kept walking until I was outside. 

I stood back and looked at the school, flipping it off before leaving the grounds.