New Routine Morning(12)

Dipper POV

Crap.

I just stared down the hall way for way to long, the realization that I was sitting in a pill of sticky notes and the new journal I was working my way threw, I hadn't made it far because the codes where old and I could barely understand them, I believe I've decoded the first 2 on the first page but it was still not in english or a language I could recognize.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit" I muttered as I quickly cleaned up the mess of notes careful not to mess them up or their order, quickly I shoved most of it under the couch and put the journal into the pillow case of the pillow he gave me and pushed the pillow under the blanket.

"Pinetree?" he came around the corner, "I didn't think you would still be awake, sense you didn't sleep much last night."

"I'm ok, I don't sleep often." I explained trying to hide the fact that I was winded from cleaning up as fast as possible.

"Hm, well I'm exhausted, I got some food for the morning so if you wake up before me it will be in the kitchen. If you don't don't expect a cooked breakfast, I'm a horrible cook." He explained.

I laughed, "I'm not half bad, I can make breakfast"

He hummed nodding his head, he leaned on the corner of the wall, "come wake me if you need anything."

"I will." with that he turned back down the hallway towards his room, I didn't even move till I heard his door close. When it did I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I pulled the journal out with all my notes and got back to work deciphering the codes for the rest of the night.

When the sun started to come up I better cleaned up my notes, I took out all the stickies from

I was barely ten pages in and only had about three of them translated to old as english. So instead I did what I had done at home, I found a britial peace of wall behind the couch, I pulled the wall piece off and tucked the journal in between it and the other half of the wall, putting the broken piece back I moved the couch as close to the wall as possible before finally collapsing on the couch and passing out.

It was barely 30 minutes later that movement around the house had stirred me from my sleep. The living room was empty but I could hear movement in another part of the house.

I groaned, less than 30 minutes is not enough sleep. Standing I stretched my aching back and rubbed chills out of my arms before walking towards the part of the house the nose was coming from, the kitchen.

"Good Morning!" Bill sung, he had a mug in one hand and a piece of burnt toast in the other.

"Morning," I groomed desperately hoping this man had a coffee machine.

"You didn't sleep well last night did you?" he asked leaning against the counter, not helping me as I rummage around his kitchen for something with caffeine in it.

"Try not at all, I went to sleep about 30 minutes ago." I grumbled silently thanking the heavens when I spotted the coffee pot with some coffee left in it.

"What were you doing?" he asked.

"Nothing much, just couldn't go to sleep." I muttered pour about a half a cup of black coffee before searching the fringe for coffee creamer.

"You need to get more sleep, you should take a nap today,"

"That sounds like a good idea." I muttered taking the first sip of my coffee. "What are your plans for the day?" I asked, my new goal was to find something to have for breakfast.

"I was thinking of going to the shack if you need any of your stuff," he said eyeing me up and down, "Like some new clothes."

I rolled my eyes, "You don't have to do that."

"Oh yes I do! You are not going to live in the same pare for clothes for the time you stay with me. So I want you to make a list and give it to me so I can go get your stuff. Also I have to keep your Grunkles away from here because they've been out looking for you sense last night." He explained wiped his hands on the pair of old jeans he was wearing.

I cringed, "Really?"

"Yep! Those two are persistent."

I grabbed for a piece of bread and threw it in the toaster, "do you have butter?"

"Yes, the cabinet above you. Now Pinetree I don't mean to get all personal, but why are they so persistent, I mean one of they've been keeping you locked up and then hit you when you defended them, yet now they act all worried?" He asked putting his now empty cup in the sink.

"Their family. Family does crazy things for one another." I sighed, avoiding eye contact with him.

"That's bull shit and doesn't count as an answer." he growled.

"Why do you care so much?" I asked defensively.

But it only made him shake his head. He hissed under his breath storming from the kitchen.

"Wait-" I tried but he was gone.

Bill POV

"They love me, they're just doing it for me because they're my family."  The words ran through my ear long after I left the kitchen, shaking the thought was harder than the first few that have hit me.

I thought this was behind me, but Pinetree- he's just so much like him.

I slammed my head into a nearby tree trunk, practically breaking the thing in half. Thinking back then was a waste of time. Right now I know the townspeople have to be looking for Pinetree by now and I needed to keep them out of my forest before they destroyed my family.

The first people I ran into were people I've never met before. I thought at first I could approach them, but the moment I tried their weapons were trained on my chest and head- if only that would work.

"Stay there!" one shouted. "Ford!" The other shouted back over his shoulder.

"Calm down men, I'm not going to do anything. I only ask you to please leave. Your disturbing the wildlife." I said calmly raising my hands palms up.

"We know about you, and who you are. We know what you can do." The other man called out, standing about a step behind the first man, his gun placed right above the other guys shoulder, he was better trained in using a gun, his eye is trained through the scope on the weapon.

"Oh do you?" I chuckled a little, "If you know me, that you'll understand where I'm coming from when I ask you to leave." I went on a little louder than my first comment.

"You must know why we're here, give us back the boy and we'll leave." The more trained man responded.

"I'm sorry but I can't do that." I answered, I moved to drop my hands but I watched him click the safety off.

I sighed. "Leave." I snapped my fingers, with that the men were gone.

__________________________________________

I'm so sorry for being late. I don't even know why it took me so long to write this chapter.