Chapter 23.

When I get back to my room Addison isn't back yet. Her classes run two hours past mine. While I lay out my books and notes to prepare for my studying tonight, I call Chase. He doesn't pick up, he must be busy. I wish he was here with me at college, it would make things so much easier and comfortable. We could be studying or watching a movie together right now. My guilt about kissing Max is consuming me, Chase is so sweet and he doesn't deserve to be cheated on. I am lucky to have him in my life, he is always there for me and he knows me better than anyone. We have known each other basically our whole lives. When his parents moved in down the street I was ecstatic to have someone my age to hang out with and even more ecstatic when I got to know him, he was an old soul like me. We spent our time reading, watching movies and bringing life into the green house behind my mom's house. The greenhouse has always been my safe haven, when my dad drank I would hide in there and no one except Chase knew where to find me. The night my dad left was a terrible night for me and my mother refuses to speak of it, ever. It would shatter the perfect façade she has created for herself. Even though I hated him for drinking so much and for pushing my mom around, I still needed him as a father. I could hear the glasses shattering from the greenhouse and when it stopped I heard footsteps. I was terrified it would be my father but it was Chase. I had never been so relieved to see someone in my life and from that day on we were inseparable. Over the years, our friendship turned into more and neither of us have ever dated anyone else.

I text him that I love him and decide to take a small nap before I begin my studies. I pull out my planner and check my work one more time, I can surely fit in a twenty minute nap.

Not even ten minutes into my nap, there is a knock on the door. Addison must have forgotten her key. Of course it isn't her, its Max.

"Addison isn't back yet" I say and walk back to my bed, leaving the door open for her. Why does she even bother to knock, I know Addison gave her an extra key in case she ever locked herself out. I will have to talk to her about that.

"I will wait" she says and sits down on Addison bed.

"Suit yourself" I groan and ignore her chuckle as I pull the blanket over my body and close my eyes. There is no way I am going to be able to sleep knowing that Max is in my room but I would rather pretend to be asleep than face the awkward or rude talk we are bound to have. I try to ignore the sound of her gently tapping the headboard of her bed and my alarm goes off.

"You going somewhere?" She asks and I roll my eyes even though she can't see me.

"No, I was taking a twenty minute nap" I tell her and sit up.

"You set an alarm to be sure your nap is only twenty minutes?" She laughs.

"Yea, I do" What is it to her anyway? All she does is mock me. I grab my books and lay them neatly, in order of my class schedule and stack the notes for each class on top of them.

"Are you ocd or something?"

"No, I just like things a certain way, there is nothing wrong with being organized Harry" I snap and she laughs. I refuse to look at her but I can see her moving and standing up off the bed. Please don't come over here. Please don't come.. and she is standing over me. She grabs my Literature notes and I reach up to grab them, but like the annoying jerk she is she lifts them higher so I have to stand to grab them. She tosses them in the air and they fall to the ground in a scattered mess.

"Pick them up" I demand and she smirks before grabbing my Sociology notes and doing the same. I scramble to grab them before she steps on them and she laughs. "Max stop!" I yell and she does the same with the next stack. Infuriated, I stand up and shove her away from my bed.

"Someone doesn't like their stuff being messed with" she says, still laughing. Why must she always laugh at me?

"No! I don't!" I yell and go to shove her again. She steps towards me and grabs my wrists, pushing me back against the wall. Her face is inches from mine and I am breathing way too hard. I want to scream at her to get off of me and let me go, demand that she picks up my work and puts it back, slap her or make her leave, but I can't. I am frozen against the wall and mesmerized by her hazel eyes burning into mine.

"Max, please," I finally find the words.

I'm not sure if I am begging her to let me go or kiss me. My breathing still hasn't slowed and her is increasing. Seconds feel like hours and she removes one of her hands from my wrists but her other hand is large enough to hold both. For a second I think she may slap me but her hand moves up to my cheekbone and she gently tucks my hair behind my ear. I swear I can hear her pulse as she brings her lips to mine and the fire crackles under my skin. This is the feeling I have been longing for since Saturday night. If I could only feel one thing for the rest of my life, this would be it. I don't let myself think about why I am kissing her again or what terrible thing she will say afterwards.

All I want to focus on is the way she let go of my wrists and pressed her body against mine, pinning me to the wall and the way her mouth tastes like mint again. The way my tongue somehow follows her and the way my hands wrap around her broad shoulders. Her hands grip the tops of my thighs and she lifts me up, my legs wrap around her waist and I am amazed at the way my body somehow knows how to respond to her. I bury my fingers into her hair, gently tugging at it while she walks back towards my bed, her lips still molded against mine.

My subconscious finds her way in, reminding me that this is a terrible idea but I push her back, I am not stopping this time. I pull Max's hair harder, earning a moan from her. The sound makes me moan in response, it is the hottest sound I have ever heard and I want to do anything I can to hear it again. She sits back on my bed, still holding me and I am on her lap. Her hands stay on my waist, her long fingers dig into my skin but the pain is wonderful. My body begins gently rocking back and forth on her lap and her grip tightens.

"Fuck," she breaths into my mouth and I feel a sensation I have never felt before as I feel her harden against me. How far will I let this go? I ask myself but I don't have an answer.

Her hands let go of my waist and find the hem of my shirt, she tugs at it pulling it up. I can't believe I am letting her, but I don't want to stop her. She pulls away from our heated kiss to pull the shirt over my head. Her eyes meet mine and go down to my chest, she takes her lip between her teeth seeming to admire my plain black bra.

"You're so sexy, Charl," she says. The thought of dirty talk never appealed to me but somehow Max saying those words is the most sensual and sexy thing I have ever heard.

I never buy any fancy underwear because no one, literally, no one ever sees then but right now I wish I had. SHe has probably seen every type of bra there is, the annoying voice in my mind reminds me.

To get the thoughts out of my head, I rock harder against her lap and she wraps her arms around my back and pulls my body to hers, our chests touching and the door handle jingles. I push myself off of Max's lap and grab my shirt. The trance I was in has broken as I throw the shirt over my head.

Addison steps through the door and looks at me and Max. Her mouth forms an "o" as she takes in the scene in front of her. I know my cheeks are bright red not only from the embarrassment but from the way Max made me feel.

"What the hell did I miss?" she asks and stares at both of us with a huge grin.

"Nothing" Max says and stands up. She walks to the door and doesn't look back as she walks out of the room, leaving me panting and Addison laughing.