°15°

The sun was slowly disappearing behind the mountains and the orange sky was slowly having some pink shades in it.

Donghyuck exited the school with Jaemin, Xiaojun and Yangyang, the four of them not even daring to talk to each other.

Heechul was waiting them in front of the school and he led the way outside of the school grounds again, in silence. No one talked, no one even dared to whisper something.

When Donghyuck stepped inside The Forest, he felt chills down his spine. He suddenly began to remember what happened two weeks ago, in that Siren's Pool. He didn't want to forget, but he also didn't want to remember either.

The sky became dark in less than half an hour and the sliver stars started to make their way up. The moon also came above their heads, it's red color of the blood giving the forest weird shadows.

Donghyuck looked around. Some shining yellow eyes popped out of nowhere. Owls, he thought, wild and unfriendly owls.

Weird sounds filled his ears too as if The Forest knew that there will be a special ceremony tonight, in which Satan himself will come up from his underground palace and will accept them into his world.

Heechul suddenly stopped in the middle of a circular space filled with black grass. He turned around and faced the four. A dark smirk formed his lips and he sighed.

"You'll each enter the tunnel one by one." His pale finger pointed at a tunnel made of some old and dry trees that looked as if a gust of wind blew them and they remained in that position the wind led. "Xiaojun will be the first."

Xiaojun took a deep breath and he started making his way inside the tunnel which suddenly got lighted by some orange torches.

Their teacher didn't tell them anything before he disappeared into the darkness. Jaemin looked at Donghyuck and tried to act as if he was happy, but the wizard knew his friend was terrified.

It didn't take too long for Yangyang to disappear inside the tunnel and after Jaemin's turn came, Donghyuck found himself alone, in that weird place. It was creepy and he suddenly felt watched. Despite looking around, he saw no one, only the trees and the eyes of the owls. 

The same bell that rang when Jaemin's turn came, rang again. Donghyuck's heart started beating faster, but he managed to step forward inside the tunnel. The smell was weird, it was a combination of burnt wood, ash and... flesh. A cracking noise came under his feet and he stopped. 

His eyes went wide when he saw the human bones beneath him.  He tried to ignore them and made it to the other side where all witches and wizards were watching. It felt strange to be watched from all places with curious looks, really strange. 

He stopped in the center of the dark clearing and looked at the man before his eyes. He had pale skin, long fingers that ended with some sharp claws, yellow shining eyes just like a cat and white hair. Donghyuck immediately knew he was the High Priest and he knelt before him.  

"Lee Donghyuck," the priest started. "Are you ready to become part of Satan?" 

"I do." The wizard replied and frowned when the scar from his palm started burning. 

"Even if you are cursed?"  

Donghyuck looked up. The priest's eyes were glowing and his hand reached his face. "Are you whiling to give up your life if it will be necessary?" 

"I do."

The priest chuckled and nodded, his eyes not leaving his face. Donghyuck stood up and looked up at the priest.

"Once signed in the book of the beast, there is no coming back to the mortal life."

"I know." He mumbled and took a deep breath, trying not to show the pain his hand was giving him.

"Your hand."

The wizard gave him his good hand, thinking that now he'll have two scars but he deeply hoped that his other hand won't hurt.

The priest took out a golden knife and when the blade touched his skin, Donghyuck clenched his fist.

His blood colored the yellow page of the book where his name was written, but when he was about to take the feather from the priest's hand, he saw it. The silver that combined with the red.

His eyes went wide. That wasn't normal at all. His heart started beating faster. He knew his father was half angel, but Donghyuck never saw a glimpse of silver when he would usually get hurt.

"Are you okay kid?"

He managed to nod and placed the sharp end of the feather in the blood. He hoped that the priest won't see it, but when he felt his got breath above his hand, Donghyuck realized it was too late.

"We really shouldn't be here." Mark hissed and looked at Jeno who just chuckled.

They were hiding in some bushes right next to the weird looking tunnel and after Donghyuck entered it, Jisung came with the idea to follow the wizard behind.

"Come on, you don't see a baptism for wizards every night." The youngest werewolf said and his eyes glowed in excitement.

"No." Mark replied and felt shivers down his spine. He felt like something bad would happen to him if they would enter the clearing and he didn't want to die in the hands of wizards and witches.

"Please!" Jisung pouted. "I want to see!"

Mark was about to reply to him when the light blinded him for some seconds. He was confused and when he looked at his two friends, he saw they were already in their wolf form.

Donghyuck was the first one who stormed out of the tunnel and that's when he felt they were so in trouble.

"Are you for real?" He asked himself and turned into his wolf form as well.

Donghyuck didn't know where he was running. He just wanted to escape that place but his eyes couldn't see the path that would have led him back to the school.

His right hand was burning and the other one wasn't stopping from bleeding. He stumbled because of some thick tree roots and fell on his knees.

Suddenly, the High Priest's shocked face came back. The man tried to chuckle but his silver blood was way too visible in that moment.

The next he knew was that everything got filled by a blinding light and he was able to run from the embarrassment.

He kept on running and running until he heard footsteps behind him. Donghyuck stopped and looked behind. The animal was big, he realized it from its footsteps, but it wasn't behind him.

His heart started beating faster. Did the priest sent hell hounds after him? He tried to control his breath and he turned around only to bump into a black wolf with a red star across his chest.

His golden eyes looked at him as he walked away. Donghyuck frowned and then saw the silver wolf from behind along with the golden one.

"Mark?"

What was the werewolf doing there?