chapter twelve

"Okay so, are you gonna explain what the hell was that?" Trevor said as you finally made it over to them. You brushed the snow off your clothes and looked at him confused.

"What the hell was what?" You said a bit confused. You didn't really do anything unusually.

"I get the fire, I get the wall, but how did you blow up that thing's leg? According to her-" Trevor said while pointing at Sypha, "You basically create something new out of something old, so what did you create?"

"I'm a bit confused as well, you didn't transmute anything, " Sypha agreed while looking at you.

"Do we really have to talk about this now? Why does it matter?" You said while walking back towards the caravan. No one has ever been this interested in your alchemy.

"Why not now? It's not like we're going anywhere," Alucard said amused and started following you.

"Please do explain! I would love to learn more about alchemy, it's so rare, my people haven't seen an alchemist in years," Sypha explained while following after Alucard. Trevor sighed and followed after everyone, he didn't mean to make into a huge deal.

"Fine, but it's really not that interesting," You said while sitting down in your previous spot before the monsters came. Everyone else followed after you. "Alchemy has three steps to go through: comprehension, deconstruction, and reconstruction. With this array on my arm I can stop at step two and destroy whatever I want. But when going through every step, there are certain arrays and circles an alchemist can use to create a new object out of old material as long as they were equivalent in value-"

"Certain arrays and circles? So that means there's different circles for different types of transmutation you want to do?" Sypha asked.

"Yes, they need to memorized and drawn out in order to be used,"

"Call me dumb, but I've never seen you draw a circle once," Trevor responded.

"That's why I have these tattoos, for the transmutation I use most, I have the circles and arrays tattooed on me not to waste time. And for the other things, I'm more skilled, I don't need to draw them out anymore. All I need to do is think about it and create and a circle with my body," You said while putting your hands together and showing the circle.

"Quite impressive, who knew you would be such a skilled alchemist?" Alucard said with a smirk. You just shook your head.

"So you trained for that skill? How do alchemist even train?" Sypha said with excitement.

"No, I was born with this skill. But everyone else would have to sacrificed something to gain it,"

"Born with it? That's weird. All other alchemist had to sacrifice something...why-" Sypha said while thinking.

"Trust me, it's extremely complicated and not worth going into. We would have to go into the depths of my family in order for me to answer that," You said while chuckling and looking away.

"Then talk about them, it's only fair. You know about Sypha's, Belmont's, and obviously mine since we just talked about it. What about yours?" Alucard said slyly while setting his gaze on you.

"I do want to know what makes our feisty Y/n so special, yea?" Trevor agreed while looking at Sypha, who just nodded and giggled at your face.

You just sat there for a bit, slient, "Maybe another time guys, preferably after we kill those monsters coming for us," You said while getting up and running towards them.

"Here we go again," Trevor said while pulling out his whip. Alucard sighed and  followed along with Sypha.