chapter twenty

It was a very quick action, but extremely effective. Before B/n's hands could even touch the ground so he could retaliate, he was struck by spikes growing from the ground which immobilized him and kept him from using alchemy himself. Although with sorrow, you watched the blood slowly drain from your brother, down the spikes and on to the icy floor below, was there another way?

"Y/n, here! I just took them from your brother, you have to do it or you'll die!" Sypha said while shaking you and holding the stones in front of your face. You snapped out of your stupor and quickly grabbed them from Sypha. Alucard and Trevor was walking over together, watching you quickly draw a tiny circle with your finger in the ground next to you.

You put the stones in the middle of your circle and the pool of your blood  was instantly attracted and filled the indentations of the circle. Once that was finished, a red glow hued fron the stones and they both generated a large amount of red electricity.

"Sypha, stay back," You said while trying to scooch back yourself. Alucard saw you struggle and immediately went to pick you up while moving you back yourself.

Since they were waiting, he took this time to assess you since he believed you would never be this vulnerable again. Alucard could feel your blood pool in his hands and could hear the blood rush through you, but one thing wasn't right. You both were so close, he should definitely be able to hear or even feel it. Why hasn't he noticed before; is it because the both of you were always around other people, so he heard there's instead? That must be, because if either of you were truly alone, he would've known sooner that you had no heartbeat.

"Oi, I think it's done," Trevor said while peaking at it. He went to go pick it up and Alucard put you down so you could heal yourself. Trevor scooped them up and held them in the air, showing everyone the beautiful red hue and what seemed to be like magic swirling within them. "Here, Y/n,"

Trevor placed the stone in your open palm and as soon as it made contact, red sparks started to ignite. You closed your fist as well as your eyes to focus and harness the power.

"Alucard get away from her," Sypha said trying to protect her friend. Alucard slowly walked back and stood next to the likes of Sypha and Trevor. Sypha gasped with excitement and watched as the red sparks from the stone reached up and healed the wounds on your shoulder as well as abdomen.

"Well, this was a bit anticlimactic, don't you think. I was expecting this big reveal of the stone," Trevor said once you finished healing yourself and stood before them.

You went up to him and playfully punched him in the shoulder, causing him to laugh, "Anticlimactic for you, but definitely not for me. I even so a freaking ghost from my past,"

"You mean the ghost that got away when we were all awestruck with the philosopher stone?" Alucard said while looking back.

Everyone else simultaneously looked back together, only to see the spot where B/n once was. The only thing remaining was his blood on the spikes and blood footprints into the woods.

"If I leave now, I can catch him," Alucard said while looking to you for approval. You just put your hand on his arm and shook your head.

"There's no need, we'll see him again. And now that I have this-" You said while opening your palm to reveal the stone once more, "He stands no chance against me."
---------------------------------------------------------

"Y/n, seriously?" Sypha asked you with disappointment evident in here voice.

You laughed, "I know, I'm sorry. But he did great so I said he could have just one," You said while holding up your hand.

After the battle, you all walked down to the caravan and decided to rest a bit before traveling again to get to the Belmont Hold. You told Trevor they once you got here you were going to go to the bar but decided against it. Immediately perking up, Trevor asked about the bar, and since he looked like a lost puppy, you couldn't refuse and told him where it was. Sypha left to go retrieve him from the bar.

"He's a drunk, one is never enough," Alucard said while smirking and getting into the back of the caravan with you.

"How are you?" You said with an angelic smile.

Alucard chuckled and sat next to you, "I believe that's what I should be asking you,"

You put your head on his shoulder to rest your aching neck, not realizing the affect it had on Alucard. He was blushing but seemed to just cover it by moving his head to the side.

"We were at her house, I just wanted to know of you're fine in....that aspect,"

"Yes, we were there but, I honestly didn't think of her, my mother," Alucard said while looking at you and becoming serious, "At the time you were more important,"

Now it was your turn to blush, which made Alucard smirk. "Thanks for caring..." You whispered. You haven't felt that feeling for awhile now, being cared for.

"You can't hold secrets any longer," Alucard said, referring to your past and family. He was right, it was now interfering with your mission, they all had a right to know.

"I know, I'll tell you everything,"

Hey I'm gonna be taking a break from writing in order to study for my AP exams. I really need to pass them so sorry; comeback after May 15th!