Home where the sun shines

If you fight like a married couple, talk like best friends, flirt like first love, protect each other like siblings, its meant to be.

•|•|•|•|•

Dave's POV

We got home quickly and Sam helped us get our luggage inside. We had barely entered the house when my mom enveloped me in a crushing hug.

“David! You finally came. It took you so long” Mom said as she pulled away, a huge grin on her wrinkled face. “didn't you miss us?! You are only visiting after 2 years!”.

“Amesiere” I greeted first.

“Emesiere” mom answered and hugged me again happily.

“I'm sorry mom” I apologized and hugged her back. “i had work to do but I am back now. I really missed you”. I pulled away, smiling at her.

“You should have called David” Mom said and made way for me to enter. She was in the middle of saying something when she stopped. I looked back to find out what made her stop, it was Katherine.

Katherine was awkwardly standing by the door. She waved lamely, “Good afternoon madam”.

“Good afternoon dear, who are you?” Mom asked surprised.

“I'm Katherine, Dave's friend”.

Mom was about to ask another question but I stopped her. “I will explain everything mom. Sam, can you show Kath my room? She will be sleeping there” I pleaded with Sam. He nodded and led Kath inside.

“Who is she David?” Mom asked, her hands on her waist. I sighed, she was giving me a look I don't like.

“Don't look at me like that mom, Kath is my friend” I said. I can't tell her Kath is Don Okafor's daughter and the reason we are here is because we are running away from her father and her father’s rivals.

“She likes to tour places so she accompanied me here” I continued, “I am just helping her”.

“I have never heard of her but you have never called me in a long time so…” mom shrugged and I felt bad. Mom sighed “you must have had a long day. Hurry up and get refreshed. Food will be ready soon”.

I took a bath and changed into a new shirt before going to the dining table. Mom was in the kitchen and Kath was talking to Sam.

“...what is your profession?" Kath was asking.

“Civil Engineer”.

“How old are you?”.

“28”.

“Do you have a girlfriend?”.

“Why? Do you want to be his girlfriend?” I grinned, teasing Kath. She rolled her eyes and scoffed.

“Please, I am just curious”.

“Why are you even asking?!” Sam exclaimed exasperated.

“I just want to know” Kath shrugged, saying it like it wasn’t a big deal.