Day 1: Vikk

23 March 2015

There was nothing out of the ordinary about this day, at least in the beginning. The house was mostly quiet, everyone sleeping, and Lachlan was curled up on the bed beside me, head tucked under his arm. I couldn't help but watch him even though it was just for a moment, his slow breathing, his gently fluttering eyelashes. This might not have been the first time we had met in real life but it didn't stop the butterflies in my stomach.

He and I had only arrived the previous morning after a short flight back from Ireland from the trip with the rest of the Pack. It had been an amazing time, honestly, the third time the six of us had gotten together. It didn't stop him being exhausted though, and it didn't stop me getting right back into recording.

Because of the size of the house, five bedrooms with four occupants, plus Harry who was staying the guest room, he was bunking in with me on my double mattress on the floor, in my ugly yellow-cream coloured room, cramped in together. I honestly didn't mind but there really wasn't much space, and considering that Lachlan was 6 foot 4, I was surprised he hadn't complained yet. Then again, he wasn't one to complain.

Slipping from the bed I tottered down the stairs, switching on the kettle to make some coffee. Yes, it was instant but I was 19- almost 20- and saving as much as I could- I couldn't guarantee that YouTube was a career that would last, so instant would simply have to do. No one else was up so for a little while I enjoyed the peace and quiet.

--------------------------------------------

"Do you wanna come out tonight with us?" JJ asked, directing his question at Lachlan as I had already agreed to come. "We're going out to a few bars, have some drinks and maybe a meal. I don't think we'll be out for too long, should be back before midnight."

Lachlan thought about it for a few minutes, managing to yawn in that time, before nodding. Both of us weren't really experienced with drinking but considering the legal drinking age was 18, both in England and Australia, we knew when to stop. Well, Ireland certainly helped us realised the limit. It had been much easier because Mitch's dad had been there, sober and tasked with keeping an eye on us to make sure we didn't get in trouble.

"I'll come, yeah." He said. "Just as long as we aren't out too late cause I'm tired." Both JJ and I nodded because I understood, we had just got off a flight the night before and was still extremely tired from the trip, plus I didn't feel like being too social that night, I just wanted a couple of beers and some time to chat with the boys.

"Sounds good." I mumbled around a glass of water, glancing at the boy beside me. His hair was falling in his face slightly and the more I looked, the more I realised how cute he was. Our Skype calls didn't quite do him justice, especially not when he was sprawled on his bed after a long day, and would you look at that, the butterflies were back again.

--------------------------------------------

"Ready Lachy?" I called up the stairs, making myself pause at the nickname. He had told me to call him Lachy before but I had never felt comfortable using until recently. "We're going now!"

"Coming!" He called back, scrambling around the corner and down the stairs a moment later.

I swear, my heart stopped. I think he had just had a shower because his hair was damp and his nose and cheeks were red, but on top of that he was dressed in a leather jacket that did everything for him- oh yeah, he was wearing skinny jeans too. I couldn't help flushing red, looking away as he stood on the landing beside me, waiting for the other boys.

"Don't get too drunk tonight, yeah?" He said with an amused smile, elbowing me in a friendly way.

"I'll try not to." I laughed, elbowing him back. "You too though. Watch yourself."