Chapter 29

Obi Wan gently lands the Naboo cruiser onto the landing platform of the isolated post of Polis Massa....

Alia slowly stands up and grabs her belly.

Obi Wan walks in the room and picks up Padme... who was still unconscious.

They both walked off the ship but were greeted by Yoda and Bail Organa, followed behind them were R2 and 3PO.

"We'll take her to the medical center, quickly," Bail Organa replied.

"You should take Alia... to the medical center as well," Obi Wan said.

Yoda and Bail turned to look at Alia... who was still holding her stomach, she removed her cloak and exposed her pregnant body.

They both looked very surprised.

Bail quickly nodded.

*******************************

Polis Medics quickly work on both women, Alia refused to leave Padme's side... so the droids placed both women in the same operation room.

Obi Wan and one of the medical droids enter an observation room where Yoda and Bail were waiting.

Alia turned her head and looked at them.... they had confused expressions on their face.. but then their expressions changed... from confused to utter sadness.

"W-what's happening?!" Alia yelled.

Obi Wan quickly walks back into the operation room...

"A-Alia I need you to calm down..." Obi Wan replied.

"What's wrong... I sense sadness," Alia whimpered.

"Alia.... P-Padme is dying, the droids don't know how or why.... but it's like she doesn't want to fight anymore," Obi Wan said.

Alia looked over at Padme... who was weakly smiling at her.

"P-Padme you can't die!" Alia yelled.

"A-Alia I-I need you to do something f-for me.... please," Padme weakly said.

Alia nodded.

"T-take my baby to Naboo..." Padme smiled.

Suddenly medical doctors rushed in.... some rushed over to Padme and the rest over to Alia.

Obi Wan gently takes Alia's hand.

"Come on, Alia push," Obi Wan gently said.

Alia winces from the pain...

Alia smiled when she heard a small cry, she lifted her head looking over at the medical droid who was holding up one of her children..

"It's a boy," The medical droid said.

"Luke," Alia smiled.

"I need you to push one more time," The medical droid called out.

Alia nodded and pushed... she screamed out in pain.

"It's a girl," the medical droid replied.

"Leia," Alia said looking up.

The medical droid quickly hands off the babies to Obi Wan and rushes over to Padme....

Alia quickly sat up and looked over at Padme, who started losing color from her face.

"Padme.... you need to fight... please don't give up! I beg of you!" Alia pleaded.

Padme slowly turned and looked at Alia... she then moved her head to look over at Obi Wan who was holding Alia's babies...

"T-they are beautiful..." Padme weakly said.

"Padme, please.... don't leave me," Alia whimpered.

"A-Alia... you are my best friend, I-I will always love you.... b-but it's time for me to go, d-don't forget about me," Padme said.

Suddenly there was a third cry...

"It's a girl," the medical droid replied.

Padme looked at Alia... and smiled.

"A-Alia please name her for me," Padme coughed out.

Alia looked into her dying best friends eyes... she could see the light quickly draining from them.

"NO!!! PADME PLEASE DONT GO!!" Alia screamed out.

All of a sudden the glass all around them started to shake... violently, they levitated and then exploded into a million of pieces.

The Medical droids started to glitch and then they too exploded into pieces...

Alia started to cry even harder...

She had lost her husband and her best friend all in one day... and now she had to take Padme's child to Naboo, and separate her children.

Obi Wan gently places a hand on Alia's shoulder....

"A-Alia calm down," Obi Wan replied.

"I-it hurts so bad... why couldn't I have died?" Alia said.

"There are things you don't know, but if you calm down.... I'll tell you," Obi Wan said.

Alia nodded.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath...

But when she closed her eyes, she felt a familiar voice screaming out for her...

"Alia... please help me!" the voice screamed.

"Anakin?" Alia whispered... quickly opening up her eyes... a single tear rolled fell down her face.

Anakin was alive.... but he wasn't who she thought he was, the Anakin she knew and loved had died.... back on Mustafar.