Ch.6 Oh Brother

Chapter 6

Mavi sat with her eyes on the table as the hotel staff served breakfast. Once her plate was ready, Exton moved it in front of her.

"Eat," he said. It was the first world he had said all morning after telling her to get out of bed.

Mavi complied silently. She picked up her fork and picked up a tiny sausage. She took one bite and regretted it immediately. The massive headache in her head made her want to throw up everything in her stomach, which wasn't much.

She set the food down and reached for the glass of juice. Exton watched her closely.

"What brings you here?" Mavi asked when she realized Exton wouldn't talk on his own.

She watched the light shift in his green eyes.

"Dad wanted to come," Exton finally spoke after a minute. "You're lucky mom was able to talk him out of it."

Mavi took a deep breath. She was lucky....her dad would be flipping shit by now.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" Exton asked.

"Not much," Mavi wrapped her arms around her belly.

Exton's eyes widened slightly. "Mavi....are you pregnant?"

"What?" Mavi shrieked looking up. She was completely caught off guard by her brother's words.

"It's okay," Exton tried to remain calm. "You can tell me."

"What are you talking about?" Mavi almost yelled. "Where is this coming from?"

"You're not eating your food, you're wrapping your arm around your belly," Exton pointed out.

"So you automatically assumed I was pregnant?" Mavi pushed her chair back and stood up. "What the hell, Eggs!"

"You also texted dad last night 'we are having a little baby Radacovick'," Exton fished his phone out of his pocket and showed the text Xavier had forward to him.

"What the hell!" Mavi shrieked as she grabbed the phone out of Exton's hand. "I did this?"

"You can't drink pixie brew in your condition," Exton said slowly.

"I'm not pregnant!" Mavi yelled. "How does that even make any sense? It hasn't even been a week I left home and you think I would get myself knocked up?"

Mavi was mortified at the thought of her parents reading this. She wanted the ground beneath her to open up and swallow her.

"Oh my god!" Mavi wanted to cry, "Does dad think I'm pregnant?"

Exton didn't say anything. He sat quietly and stared at his sister.

"Oh my god, I am so stupid. Why did I have my phone with me last night!" Mavi sat back down and laid her head on the table. She couldn't function with the pounding headache.

"What did you mean by that text?" Exton asked.

"I don't even know," Mavi said. "I want to die."

Exton rolled his eyes, "Stop being dramatic."

Mavi picked up her head, "This is a bit hurtful, Eggs. That you and dad think I would leave home and the first thing I would do is get pregnant."

"Mom was pregnant with you at 20," Exton offered.

Mavi rolled her eyes. She racked her brain for what she could have meant by that text. Baby Radacovick....

On the table in front of her, Exton's phone rang to life. He picked it up and passed it to Mavi.