17. the College Party (part II)

By six-thirty Damien found himself staring at his clothing choices with disdain. Oliver had said nothing about it being a costume party (not that Damien had a costume) which meant that he had been forced to find something in his own clothing to wear for the party. And for the life of him, nothing felt appropriate.

He had half a mind to pout and refuse to go due to his lack of clothing options when he remembered Carrie's words from earlier, 'It's not about you'. Sighing, Damien pulled out a sensible pair of black trousers and a black turtleneck. It was, perhaps a bit of a plain outfit, but he had never been particularly flashy, besides, when in doubt it was always best to go for classic simplicity over gaudiness.

Pulling off his clothes from earlier, Damien began to change, while Oliver sat on the couch, watching him, hungrily. He was already a few drinks deep on beer, the origin of which was rather mysterious. Damien felt a flush rising in his cheeks at Oliver's intense gaze on his flesh.

"Have I ever told you how gorgeous you are?" Oliver asked, taking a sip of beer. Damien's flush turned into a full-blown blush of crimson at Oliver's words.

"You might have," he replied, hesitating to put on his turtleneck. Something about Oliver's gaze on his skin made him feel alluring and desirable in a way he had never thought possible before. It wasn't that Damien hadn't known he was attractive, only that he had never known what it meant to feel someone attracted to him. Oliver grinned and patted his lap. Damien's face burned scarlet, but he made his way over to the couch in spite of himself and climbed into Oliver's lap.

Dropping the beer bottle to the floor, Oliver placed his hands on Damien's narrow hips, sliding his fingers up his pale back. Damien shivered at the touch, a small gasp escaped his lips. "So beautiful," he whispered almost reverently, pulling Damien down into an intense kiss.

Damien groaned into his mouth, wrapping his arms around Oliver's neck, as he kissed him back with the same fiery intensity, hoping to convey in the kiss everything he couldn't possibly hope to say. After a moment, Oliver pulled away to catch his breath and grinned. "I'm glad you're my boyfriend," he said, burying his face in Damien's naked chest. Damien giggled, running his fingers through Oliver's hair. It was soft and thick, and all he wanted to do was run his fingers through it forever.

Smiling, he kissed the top of his boyfriend's head. "I'm glad I'm your boyfriend too," he said, and there it was. The official admission that they were boyfriends that Damien had been looking for.

*

Later that night found the two boys and Carrie, sitting in a rather uncomfortable Uber they had called on the outskirts of the campus.

"Where you all headed?" the driver asked. The three teenagers looked at one another in turn, wondering why or how to answer that particular question.

"A Halloween party," Oliver replied after a moment. The driver nodded, eying them in the rearview mirror. Of the three of them, Oliver looked the oldest, so him attending a college party seemed perfectly normal. Carrie looked, old enough, Damien supposed. The makeup helped her in that regard. He himself had been told by more than one person that he barely looked old enough to be in high school, let alone almost graduating. He had always looked young for his age, despite being, as far as he was aware, the oldest one in their group.

The driver looked poised to ask another question when Oliver suddenly turned to Carrie and whispered something in her ear. Damien pulled out his phone in an effort to seem equally unavailable for conversation, when was the last time I checked Tumblr? he wondered. He was fairly certain it had been at least a month since he had been on the site, let alone posted anything. He couldn't even remember the last time he had written more than a love letter. 

Oliver smiled, leaning over and whispered in Damien's ear, "I didn't know you had a Tumblr."

Damien chuckled, Oliver had managed to drink several more beers since their declaration of boyfriendhood several hours earlier, and Damien was fairly certain he was either drunk or getting there. It was almost cute.

"Yes, I do," he said.

"I had a Tumblr once," Oliver said. "What was the name of it?" he asked no one in particular, pulling out his phone. Damien laughed a little as Oliver unlocked it, pulling up his Tumblr app and handed it to Damien. Blinking, Damien navigated around the app to find the specific section that included Oliver's blog name. AdamHimself31.

Damien's eyes widened, "You're AdamHimself31?" he asked louder than he had intended.

"What?" Carrie asked, staring at them confused.

"That's me," Oliver replied with a smirk.

"You're... that's..." he laughed, looking at Carrie. "What are the odds?"

"Astronomical," Carrie replied. "But also... not. You're both in the fandom, which is big, and not, the platform is such that if he was searching for Addius content around the time you were posting it, it's not unreasonable to assume that he would have come across you. I mean I did. You're a big name."

"Yeah but..." Damien could hardly believe it. All this time, and Oliver had been the one he had been talking to.

"Why are we so surprised?" Oliver asked, clearly out of the loop.

"I was Adamsxboytoyx3," Damien replied. "Well, still am."

Oliver's eyes widened, "Shit. That's... that's amazing! I mean I was kind of in love with you."

Damien laughed, "Thanks?"

"I mean still am, obviously but like... I never imagined you would be... we could meet in person, you know?"

Damien tried not to think too hard on Oliver's sort-of admission of love. He was rather drunk after all, he reminded himself, "It's... incredible alright," he said.

Damien grinned, as they arrived at their destination a few moments later, and the three made their way out of the Uber, towards the frat house where the party was already raging on inside. Maybe it won't be such a terrible birthday, after all, Damien thought.