23. Midnight Kiss (part II)

As it turned out, Oliver wasn't just a fantastic kisser, he was a fantastic lover too, not that Damien had necessarily doubted it. He sighed, still wrapped up in their sheets, his hair a mess, and Oliver fast asleep beside him, he decided to Snapchat Carrie a picture of his sex mussed hair, and neck full of bruises with the caption: First time, feeling fine.

Carrie messaged back a shocked emoji, followed by several looking emojis: Who would have ever thought, Damien, all grown up?

Damien: Piss off.

Carrie: You love me. Also, sex before 9 AM? Look at you.

Damien snorted at his phone, scrubbing his face with his hands. Just then, Oliver wrapped his arm around Damien's waist, and pulled him in close, burying his face in Damien's neck. Damien blushed, switching to his regular camera and took a selfie of the two of them, before changing it to his background on his phone.

Carrie: Also digging the lovebites. I hope you got him back.

Damien considered for a brief moment snapping Carrie a picture of Oliver's back which was covered in scratches, then decided against it. Oliver was considerably more private than he was, and though it was only Carrie, he figured it was better to see how he felt first. 

Damien: Oh I got him back. :D

Carrie: I'm so proud of you babe.

Damien: What about you? What's going on with Tyler?

Carrie: It's a whole ass mess. I'll tell you everything when we get back to school.

Damien wasn't sure he could wait that long, but he texted back a quick, k anyway. Locking his phone, Damien nestled himself against Oliver more and allowed his eyes to close.

Around noon, the two woke up just in time for lunch. Provided once more by Chef Jaq, then went for round two, before they ended up deciding to take a bath together just before dinnertime.

"So, Paris," Oliver said, running his fingers through Damien's hair that he was currently shampooing.

"Yup."

"Do they always leave towards the end of the holidays?"

"No, actually," Damien replied, rather enjoying the feeling of Oliver's fingers across his scalp. "This might be hard to believe, but actually my parents have really tried to give me a quote-unquote, normal life," he said.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, I mean sure we have staff and things, but my mother never wanted me to become spoiled, I've always had to know how to do things for myself."

Oliver nodded, "That makes sense."

"That said, if you would like to always shampoo my hair forever that would be amazing."

Oliver laughed, "I'm glad you like it."

"Like it? Your hands are magical," he all but purred.

Oliver smirked, "In more ways than one, eh?"

Damien blushed, leaning his head back against Oliver's chest, Oliver wrapped his arms around Damien's shoulders, pressing a kiss to the top of his soapy head. "Happy birthday love," Damien whispered quietly.

"Thank you," Oliver replied, running his hands up and down Damien's shoulders. He didn't know how long they stayed like that, just him laying on Oliver's chest, the scent of lavender bathwater filling the room. It was lit with several dozen candles around the perimeter of the bathtub, and a few perched around the sink counter, giving the room a warm yellow glow. To Damien's dismay, the water was growing colder, and he grabbed the showerhead from the side of the tub, turning on the tap to rinse his hair. Oliver helped him, making sure to get out all the soap.

"Care to help me condition too?" he asked.

Oliver smiled behind him, "Of course darling," he said, pressing a kiss to the back of Damien's shoulder as Damien handed him his conditioner. Oliver poured a liberal amount into his hand, and began to work it slowly into Damien's hair. "You have such wonderfully soft, luxurious hair," Oliver whispered, almost reverently. "Like strands of golden silk. I could just run my fingers through it forever."

Damien hummed in response, his eyes closed, he knew falling asleep in the bath would not be the best idea, but Oliver's hands in his hair made him feel so relaxed, so comfortable that it was all he could do not to fall asleep. Too quickly for his liking, Oliver's fingers disappeared from his scalp, and warm water once again rinsed the conditioner out of his hair.

Damien sighed happily, "Mmm, shall I do yours next hon?" he asked.

"Maybe next time," Oliver said turning off the tap. "I was actually thinking of getting out," he said and stood. Damien turned around, as Oliver stepped out of the tub, and grabbed a fluffy white towel off the rack. For a brief moment, Damien considered whether or not he should stay in the tub. "I'm gonna go for a run," Oliver said.

Damien blinked, "Oh, alright," and with that Oliver disappeared into the walk-in closet, leaving Damien alone in the tub.

By ten, Oliver still hadn't returned, and Damien was starting to get worried. He had checked the security footage, and managed to track Oliver throughout most of the last two hours. Sometime around nine, he had slipped back into the Manor, and made his way into the library where he had been for the better part of the last hour. Damien sighed, dropping his phone back onto the bed.

It was two minutes to midnight when Oliver returned, Damien hadn't even realized he had fallen asleep when Oliver appeared above him.

"Hi love," Oliver whispered, petting his hair softly.

"Hi," Damien replied with a yawn. "Have a good run?"

Oliver nodded, pulling off his overcoat, and joggers, and climbing into bed beside Damien. Damien thought momentarily about bringing up Oliver's sudden disappearance, then thought better of it, remembering his earlier words, it was after all Oliver's first birthday without his parents and he knew it was hard for him. 

"Happy New Year," Damien whispered, cuddling up to Oliver's chest. Oliver kissed the back of his head, playing with his hair. The last thing Damien heard before he fell asleep was a very quietly whispered, "Happy New Year," in return.