24. The Reckoning of Tyler Benson (part I)

Damien awoke bright and early on Sunday. Four more months, he told himself with a stretch, as he sat up in bed. Oliver was still fast asleep beside him. Damien smiled, he hated the thought of having to wake him up so early on a Sunday, but he wanted to get on the road. His parents were still in Paris, enjoying their vacation, lucky sods.

Just four more months, he reminded himself, then you're on vacation for almost four months. He had considered taking a gap year between graduation and starting college, but the last few months had made him feel less inclined towards it. He was certain a four month break would be more that sufficient.

Climbing out of bed Damien looked around his room with a sigh, grateful he had mostly managed to pack all of his things the night before, before Oliver had snuck up behind him and begun kissing just behind his ear like he liked, causing all thoughts of anything other than Oliver's lips on his flesh to vanish from Damien's mind. They had fallen asleep in each other's arms and Damien had never been happier. Or at least, he would have been had it not been for the fact that he knew they would have to make the drive back to Westlake in the morning. Oliver had promised to make it interesting, though Damien wasn't entirely sure how he planned to do that. The drive was long and tedious, and Damien suspected the only thing that could possibly make it interesting was a bottle of vodka, and taking a train instead. Of course, a train would only get them part of the way there, and it would end up taking them far longer than a simple drive. Even if it did feel more elegant, and there was more of a chance for the two of them to have some fun.

Finishing up his packing, Damien handed off his luggage to one of the new butlers-in-training to take his duffle bag and Oliver's down to the car.

"Time to get up," Damien whispered, sneaking his way over to Oliver's side of the bed.

Oliver groaned, pulling the duvet over his head. "Already?" he asked.

Damien chuckled, "I'm afraid so," he said, pressing a kiss to the top of Oliver's head that still peaked out from his duvet. Oliver pulled the duvet down off his face, grinning brightly. His whole face lighting up with joy. "All of our stuff is already in the car," Damien explained. "So whenever you're ready we can go."

Oliver nodded, stretching, and yawning as he pulled himself up. "Did you want to drive, or should I?" he asked.

"Well, I was planning to grab a coffee before we headed out, so I think it ought to be me."

Oliver nodded at that, with another yawn, "It's a good thing, I'm still kind of tired."

"You gonna fall asleep on me?" Damien asked with a chuckle.

"No," Oliver promised with a grin. "Why do you Carmichael's like to do everything so early?"

Damien smirked, "You want to make the trip back to Westlake with all that traffic? The earlier we get on the road, the less likely we are to run into the traffic of everyone coming back." Oliver didn't argue with Damien,  mostly because, Damien suspected, he was too tired, though he would tell himself it was because there was nothing to argue.

Against his own preference, Oliver crawled out of bed and proceeded to toss on a pair of trousers and a tee-shirt. One of the many clothing gifts he had received from Damien's parents, it was a good thing too. Oliver had run out of clothes rather quickly upon arriving at Carmichael Manor. His friends at his father's garage had attempted and failed to convince Oliver to take their help concerning clothing after the fire, but in usual Oliver fashion, he had refused. Damien watched once more, glued to the spot as Oliver dressed. He had seen him half-naked and fully naked many times over by now, and yet it never failed to make him gawk and drool a bit. Not that he would ever admit as much. Oliver took a deep breath once he was fully dressed, "Alright," he said.