Chapter 79: Little Sun

Fuyu felt his chest getting stuffy. He eagerly wanted to hear his mother's sweet melodic songs once more however, the place changed.

It was a bed chamber where the newborn Fuyu is sleeping while Yuki is clutching at her chest, obviously hard to breathe.

"Sister in law, you must know why I did this right?" Hana Shiroi is holding the flute that she just gifted Yuki at the palace banquet months ago. "Your royal family from the Western Kitsune Kingdom who rebelled three years ago which caused my father's early death. And you, made my brother fall to you in order to escape his wrath! All of you from that kingdom is vicious!"

"No...." Yuki slowly slumped downwards. "I have already cut my ties with my family, all of them.... bullied me, I suffered hardship before, during and after the war. Escaping the Western Kingdom is a great blessing and I fell inlove to your brother... Shiroi, I don't have any hidden agenda."

Yuki let out a faint smile, mouthing the words "I don't blame you.", closing her eyes to rest.

Fuyu can't move even though he wanted to save his mother.

"Shiroi, Shiroi...." a familiar feminine voice made Fuyu and Shiroi turn at the window, a young girl in fiery red kimono is sitting at the windowsill. "You've killed Brother Subarashi's wife. Even I wont let you go! Guards!"

Hana Shiroi was shocked, who is this girl in front of her? She is not a kitsune rather a cat demon! Even calling the emperor 'brother'.....

Imperial Guards started to flood the room as Chisona Taiyo quickly grabbed the child and took it to Emperor Subarashi's study where he is still doing paperworks.

The palace disappeared and a blue crystal throne is at the center while Akuma Sugoi is sitting there, looking at Chisona Taiyo who is halfly kneeling.

"Its your own choice. Come find me once Shiroi will cause you trouble." Sugoi waved his hands and Chisona Taiyo nodded before leaving.

Fuyu noticed the drastic change again, a knoll where a small pond and simple house is nearby, on top of the knoll was a lonely tree, two person were under its cool shade. A man was unconsciously leaning on the tree, a red mark around its eyes. Chisona Taiyo squatted down and poked the man's cheeks before sighing, guiding him down the knoll before taking the man inside her small house.

"That guy.... Who is he?" Fuyu frowned but the past keeps playing, Chisona Taiyo fell inlove to the onmyoji while he only gave a cold shoulder.

When Yasunori left the broken hearted Chisona Taiyo, Hana Shiroi immediately crossed path with him and eventually doted on each other.

Seimei was born three months after Fuyu. Meanwhile, the Northern Kitsune Kingdom is slowly deteriorating, Emperor Subarashi suffered extreme grievance for five years from banishing his sister and the death of his wife. Even though he is still trying hard to make their kingdom prosper, flaws inside is difficult to hide.

Their ally, Winter Fire Empire from the strongest cat demon kingdom, started to get impatient. Akuma Sugoi sent his sister at the human realm to catch Hana Shiroi but their connections were blocked, Emperor Subarashi obviously did it in order to avoid his younger sister's location.

"From how on, our empire will no longer be allies! An emperor who have his heart wavering timely is not a proper ruler!" Sugoi threw a jade pendant at the floor and its shattering sound echoed.

Emperor Subarashi just waved his hand and a servant immediately came forth, holding a box and on top of it is a jade ring.

Sugoi laughed eerily and took the jade ring, "It could be either my Chisona Taiyo or Hana Shiroi will perish. Northern Kitsune Kingdom is just an ant in my eyes."

Subarashi only smiled emotionlessly. "I never wanted this power, throne and kingdom. All I want is Yuki and Fuyu. When that day comes, spare my son on behalf of our old days."

A week before Winter Fire Empire and Northern Kitsune Kingdom's severed their ties, kitsunes went greedy for the throne. That cat demon kingdom is the greatest and most trustworthy supporter of Emperor Subarashi, but now that their gone, who wont take advantage of it?

The death of Hana Shiroi reached Emperor Subarashi but he did not resent Sugoi for killing her.

Finally, Emperor Subarashi died and his son, Subarashi Fuyu nearly died but a girl in the same bloody coloured kimono saved him. Deep blue eyes were indiffrent and sharp, words were straightforward and only spoke the truth.

"Have you seen enough?" Sugoi is watched him amusedly, taking a sip at his tea. "The first orb, shows the reason. The second orb, refers for the most painful part and the last, is the bitter most fruit. Back then, I tried to help your father secretly in eleminating the unfilial officials in your court but he stubbornly said he wont need it but his only son would."

"Emperor Su-"

"No need to be formal, since my sister adopted you as his ototo, you can treat me as your oniisan." he warmly smiled. "You and Seimei have lost both mother. But what is the cause? Doesnt all of this seemed to be like connected by fate?"

Yun Ren Xie slowly opened her eyes after hours of rest, she felt something is wrong. The silence seems to be speaking in fright, winds rustled everywhere even though it is gentle, still carrying the ominous message.

She turned at the door and saw Seimei is at her bedside, leaning at the pillar while one of his foot is setting at the bed and his elbow is propped on top of his knee. Eyes were closed, his long lashes overshadowed his face under the flickering candle light. His hair is cascading downwards, it was as if the snow have turned into a river.

Seimei looked ethereal, he can match an immortal's beauty!

Suddenly, his eyelashes fluttered and gazed at Yun Ren Xie, she can't read his thoughts at all.

"Need anything?" she asked before making her upper body depend at the headboard.

"Chisona Taiyo, what is the reason behind all of this?" he did not break their eye contact, asking straightforwardly.

"You already know my name." Yun Ren Xie smiled and lowered her head, glancing at the open window in front of the bed, a small wisteria tree is outside, white blossoms waved gently while a carnation in the color of pink and white stood beside it.

"Answer my question first."

"If you know my name, you already know everything. Is there a need for explaining this?" she frowned, seems like his fate is till revolving like the usual, knowing the past. Yun Ren Xie opened her palm and a a pair of two-toned carnation is placed there. "Hate me, I dont mind. Kill me, its fine. But remember, it was me who is at fault, not Fuyu and oniisan."

Seimei fell silent, his eyes were fixed at the carnation. This flower meant 'I can never be with you'.

"Never hesitate, demons and onmyojis were forever enemies. Neither I am not an exception." she continued. "Seimei, what is love?"