Part II Chapter 37 - Visit

***Lynett***

Alright, Lynett. Do not panic. Think rationally.

Why is there a naked girl in my bed?

I never thought I would've found myself in a situation like this. I thought it only happened in the movies. One would think I partied so hard last night that I ended up blacking out, bringing a girl into my bed. But this is a misunderstanding. I promise. I have never touched a single drop of alcohol in any of my lives, I never got drunk, and I certainly did not party last night.

After the duel ended, I tried to connect with my brother, but he was immediately brought to the infirmary to treat his injuries. It seems that my attacks left some burns on his skin. Although it was not serious, it needed to be treated soon so as not to let a scar appear.

It's... not my fault? I mean, how was I supposed to know he was going to take the blow directly?

Sorry, brother...

So I tried to meet up with Vivian and the others instead, but I soon changed my mind as I was assailed with questions the second I left the pit.

The next participant, who had witnessed the fight, couldn't believe his eyes. He asked me how I did it, if there was any trick, if brother lost on purpose, how big my mana pool was, stuff like that. In short, it was a real pain in the ass. Fortunately, he was soon called to join the battle zone as the next duel was announced. However, I then realized it would be the same fuss for everyone, so I decided to leave the arena before the end of the event, to avoid meeting anyone else. I did come across a few people on my way back to my room, but the word of my victory had not yet reached the ears of those who didn't come to see the fight, so it wasn't a problem.

I'm going to have to wait for things to calm down a bit before showing my face again. Fortunately, it was now the weekend so I had planned to spend the next couple of days locked up in my room without going outside. And that's what I did. I locked myself in my room, collapsed on my bed and quickly fell asleep, exhausted by this overwhelming day.

Which brings us to the current situation. I repeat it but, why in the goddamn world am I waking up next to a naked girl?

Why? How? Who? When? And... WHY?!

Alright, calm down Lynett. You have done nothing wrong. It might be a prank. Let's analyze the situation for now.

The door is still locked, no one could have entered the room while I was sleeping. Nomi is the only one else to possess the key, but her bed is empty. Maybe she's the one trying to pull a prank on me? But it doesn't sound like her. Thinking about it, did she not return last night? Or maybe she just woke up before me? In any case, I'm just grateful that she's not here to witness this very misinterpretable scene. Now the window. It is indeed open, but this is the second floor. You'd have to be extremely agile to climb up here, and then again, there are bars over the windows. A human being wouldn't have been able to pass through.

So, how? I have not a single clue.

Now, who?

The girl was... kind of cute, I'll admit it. In fact, I'd even say she was extremely cute. But she was also very young. She looked like she was about Jalone's age which made things even weirder. Two pointed ears sprouted out her head, disclosing the fact that she was a demi-human. Her hair was completely devoid of any color and stopped just above her shoulders. It was completely smooth. I could tell without even running my fingers through it that there was not a single clump in it. As the girl readjusted her position in her sleep, her bangs moved aside to reveal her long eyelashes. Yeah, she's cute.