39

Titli's feet started to hurt just standing there while Koustav and Ria looked for the ethnic wears for their parents from both sides. Finalising what to buy, Ria turned towards Titli. She slowly pinched his arm. Koustav looked at her face first, then saw where she was pointing.

Titli was not there where they left her. Instead she was at the corner talking rather smiling with a guy. He merely was of same age as hers.

Leaving Koustav behind,Ria went near them. Seeing her nearby, Titli's smile started to fade away and Ria confirmed her assumption. "What is going on?",she asked with a grin.

Ria was sure that Titli would make some stories or simply lie, and Titli was going to do that too, but the guy came forward and introduced himself as "Adrij, Titli's close friend."

In the time, Koustav reached the place. As Koustav neared them, Titli started to pale. This time Ria introduced each others, Koustav even patted his shoulder and asked him to join them unless he had some important work pending.

Ria smiled as he joined and started walking maintaining pace with Koustav ,leaving the 'close friends' behind.

When Koustav went for a smoke, Ria entered a shop. A tussar kurta caught her gaze, she went to the attendant and looked for his size. She was happy to buy something for him,that too for the first time.While paying the bill, suddenly she noticed that Koustav took only one smoke break till afternoon. She checked her watch that it was nearly 5:30 in the evening.

Through the glass door, she checked on Titli, she looked happy with Adrij.He was looking at her with great adoration. He seemed decent. Finally, Ria went out of the shop. Koustav was not back yet. Ria kept checking her watch as if it would make the time to pass faster. Fifteen minutes later,he was in front of her. He took the shopping bag from her hands in order to look what was inside.

Koustav said nothing. He just smiled at her and they started for food court. Grabbing some starters,they choose to eat them in the car. Koustav asked Adrij to come with him.

Titli kept thinking what Koustav would tell him now. Ria guessed that but told nothing. Soon the car was in front of them. Adrij opened the passenger door and rose from his seat to shift backwards along with Titli. Ria took the front seat gladly passing them all the bags.

Koustav could heard their gossips about a trip to the Ganga ghats. With his eyes on the road,he could not stop his mind from going back to his earlier trips with  Nikita. While changing the gear, he checked Ria once. She looked happy hearing their chats.

Seeing him going to other direction, Titli asked suddenly," Dada, I think you took a wrong turn. We should have gone that way!"

Ria got amazed when she heard him replying," Don't want to go Ganga ghat?". Titli visibly squealed. Adrij was nodding his head. Ria had never been to this place. Neither she had been on a launch or went their during any sorts of immersion.

It took them 20 minutes to reach there. Parking the car near a tea stall,the four came out of it. Ria stood aside while Koustav brought tea for her too."All the life you might have tasted tea from branded shops or from canteens or home. Just try it.",Koustav said to Ria.

"Where are those two?",Ria asked in reply.

"Let them enjoy. Let us too. Though I gave permission of only 30 minutes to Adrij!", and he winked.

"You are a typical big brother. Btw the tea is too good and the mixed aroma of cardamom and the earthen pot makes it more more......I don't know how to express",Ria looked at him.

"Authentic.....different from all....just like you.", Taking her hand in his hand he took her to nearby steps. He let her sit and sat too beside.

 He let her sit and sat too beside