Chapter 25.

My eyes adjust to the darkness but the only light is a small streak of moonlight coming through the bay window.

"Maxxy?" I whisper. I hear her curse as she trips over something and I try not to laugh.

"I'm right here" she says and clicks on a lamp on the desk. I look around the room and it looks like a hotel room. It is large and has a four poster bed with dark linens centered against the far wall, it looks like a king size with at least twenty pillows on top. The desk an oversized cherry wood desk, the computer sitting on it has a bigger screen than the television in my dorm room. The bay window has a built in bench along the wall and curtain less, the other windows in the room are masked with thick navy curtains do not allow the moon to shine through.

"This is my.. room" she says and rubs the back of her neck with her hand. She looks almost embarrassed.

"You have a room here?" I ask of course she does. It is her father's house and Liam obviously lives here. Liam had mentioned that Max never comes here so maybe that is why it looks so museum like, untouched and impersonal.

"Yea.. I haven't ever actually slept in it.. until tonight" She sits on the chest placed at the end of the bed and unties her boots. She pulls her socks off and tucks them into the shoes. My heart swells at the idea that I am part of a first for Max.

"Oh. Why is that?" I am taking advantage of her drunken honesty.

'Because I don't want to. I hate it here" she answers quietly and unbuttons her black pants and pulls them down her legs.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting undressed?" She states the obvious.

"I mean why?" I hope she doesn't think I am going to have sex with her. Even though part of me is dying to feel her hands on me again.

"Well I am not sleeping in skinny jeans and boots" she half laughs. Her hand sweeps the hair off of her forehead making it stand straight up. Everything she does sends that feeling through my body.

"Oh" She pulls her shirt over her head and I can't look away. Her tattooed stomach is flawless. She tosses the t-shirt at me and I don't catch it, letting it fall to the ground. I raise my eyebrow at her and she smiles.

"You can sleep in that, I assume you won't want to sleep in your panties. But of course, I am perfectly fine with it if you do" she winks and I giggle. Why am I giggling? I can't sleep in her t-shirt, I will feel too naked. I bend down and pick the black fabric up and hold it out.

"I am fine sleeping in this" I tell her and she eyes my outfit. She hasn't made a single rude comment about my long skirt or loose blue blouse.

"Fine. Suit yourself, if you want to be uncomfortable go ahead" She smiles an takes the shirt from me and sits it on the dresser. I wonder if there are clothes in it. She moves towards the bed in only her boxers and begins to toss the pillows off the bed and onto the floor. I walk over and open the chest, just as I had thought it is empty.

"The pillows go in here" I tell her and she laughs and tosses another onto the floor. I groan and pick the pillows up and put them into the chest. She laughs at me and pulls back the comforter before she plops down. She crosses her arms behind her head, then she crosses her feet and gives me a smile. The words tattooed on her ribs are stretched from her arms being raised behind her head. Her long lean body looks exquisite laying across the bed.

"You're not going to whine about sleeping in the bed with me are you?" She asks and I roll my eyes. I actually wasn't going to. I know it's wrong but I want to sleep in the bed with Max more than I think I have ever wanted anything.