Chapter 19 Talk

Third pov

A few minutes after Ladybug and Honey Bee arrived, Red Robin arrived as well, with a.... Starbucks cup in his hand?

Ladybug made a mental note to check for night open Starbucks around here.

"Really Red? Starbucks?"

Red Robin shrugged. "Coffee is my life blood."

Honey Bee snickered and nudged Ladybug. "Sounds like you."

She pouted. "Oh come on, how am I supposed to get through the day without coffee?"

"Maybe let us take a few extra patrols for you."

It had been Chat's idea that they take a few extra of Ladybugs patrols so she could get some extre sleep. But Ladybug had insisted she'd be fine. "I'm not hearing the end of this until am I agree, am I?"

Honey smirked and shook her head, ponytail swishing like a bee stinger. "Nope. I'll badger you about it until you say yes."

"And here I thought you're a bee, not a badger." She snickered.

Nightwing's and Red Hood's chuckles reminded them that they currently had five vigilantes looking at them in various stages of amusement.

Red Hood (Ladybug could swear she felt it in her soul that he's smiling beneath that helmet) spoke. "Got some problems with taking it easy, eh?"

Honey laughed and Ladybug blushed. "The only way to get her to chill out normaly is to either bribe her or hide her coffee supply."

Red Robin made a sympathetic face. "They do the same to me."

"Red, you have a caffeine addiction. We do it because we love you." Nightwing said while patting the shorter man's back.

Red Robin looked like he didn't entierly believe him.

"*TT* Quit grumbling Red Robin, you're an adult." Robin said.

As they continued bickering with Batman, something clicked into place for Ladybug.

She knows why they seem so familiar.

How couldn't she? She's met them before!

Now that she thinks about it, it makes sense.

Why they tried to dig information from her, Chloe and Adrien.

Why they wanted information on Paris.

Why they seemed so surprised and disturbed that they didn't know about Hawkmoth.

It's the Wayne family.

They're Gotham's birds and bats.

***************************************************************

Red Hood had to admit, the girls had poker faces that beat Batman when in costume.

"We really hope you'll understand that we had no idea about your contacting the League. I had a look at the video yesterday, it was a new member. He's been reprimanded for it, not that it does much now." Batman explained.

"It's okay. I suppose he did us a favor in a way." Honey Bee shrugged.

"Why would blowing you off be a favor?" Nightwing looked a bit disturbed at that.

Ladybug sighed. "Like I told Batman and Robin, anyone with strong feelings can be turned into an akuma. Let's say that Hawkmoth gets his hands on Wonder Woman, Superman, hell even Green Lantern, then we're screwed. We can't fight against that while trying to protect civilians."

She rubbed the spot where her left collarbone sits. "Besides, the injuries we receive from civilians are bad enough. No need to add pre-existing superpowers to it."

Honey Bee looked pale and nodded in agreement.

Red Hood remembered Tim and Dick telling them about the fact that Marinette had held herself like she'd broken her ribs. But now she didn't seem to be in any pain at all.

"What happens with injuries the akumas give you?"

The question made the two teens share a look before blondie answered. "The miracoulus cure repairs buildings, and in the case of deaths, brings people back to life."

Ladybug took over. "My miracoulus cure primarily helps with things like that, but I'm still developing my powers. While I can heal, the wounds my team gets, I can't take away the pain. So while someone might feel like they have a broken leg, it isn't actually broken."

She hesitated. "And if I'm too tired then not every wound is healed."

Honey Bee put a hand on her shoulder. A sign of support.

Red Hood pondered the relationship between Paris heroes.

They're obviously a close knit group.

Well trained for having been on their own since the start.

And their teamwork is something he could honestly envy.

Whenever their partner for the fight moves so did the other.

**************************************************************

You don't need to be a genius to see that these kids are quiet.

Nightwing frowned. "I understand that you don't want to fight someone from the Justice League. But what if Red Robin came with you, or someone like him, someone that doesn't anger as easy?"

Ladybug shook her head. Obviously uneasy with the risks.

Batman stepped forward. "Even if you are hesitant to let one of us help you in Paris, don't you want to know that everything doesn't have to rely on you? Your team has done a good job, but i speak from experience when i say, fighting too long without a proper safety net to fall back on, without people that can cath you. It doesn't end well."

The two heroes shared a look, but the hesitation to trust adults and having been alone this far... It obviously made them weary.

They were quiet, seemingly having a conversation without words.

It was Robin that decided to talk. He pulled out a non-tracing tracker. One that only worked if it was turned on by whoever had it. "Use this if you decide you want our help," He handed it to Ladybug. "We can only trace it if you turn it on."

She took it and nodded. "Thank yo-"

She was interupted by an alarm and winced.

She took her yoyo and opened it, revealing a small screen and keybord.

The batfamily all had their eyebrows raised as she did something on it.

"That's an akuma alarm. We have to go. We'll think about your offer."

And just like that, the bats were left to wait and see.

Am i writing the batfam okay?

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)