13

"Jocelyn." Her voice was slowly raising but I was already walking towards my closet, packing a bag for the week. I knew she could hear me opening drawers as the door knob began to jiggle faster, "You're not leaving.. Jocelyn!" The door shook against its hinges as she kicked it hard. I gasp and quickly cover my mouth before rushing towards the bathroom and grabbing my essentials before rushing to throw them in my duffle bag.

"Open this fucking door! Now!" Her fists beat against the door repeatedly as she desperately tried to force the door open.

I toss my bag on the fire escape before turning back to my desk. I grab a pen and paper before writing a note and leaving it there for her to read when she finally busts in.

I look at the door and gasp at the splintering cracks traveling up and down the thick wood. Her eye looked through the crack, "I said you're not leaving!" She screeched before pushing the rest of the door in, throwing splinters of wood everywhere.

I reach for the window but it was too late as her hands wrapped around my throat, "You stupid bitch!" Her face turned red with red as she began to tighten her hands, "All you had to do was fucking listen but no!" Her hands morphed into a mans as her brown eyes turned blue. Her skin lightened as a familiar mop of deep brown curls sat on-top of a man head, "Why did you leave me?!" he yells as my head began to lighten. "I o-only hit you because you didn't listen! Why did you piss me off?!" He screamed as he began to shake my violently. "I'll make sure you never leave me again! Neve-"

I gasp as I sit up in bed, my chest heaving as my hands gripped at the sheets, trying to root my mind back to reality. Blackness was all I could see, making fear run up my spine, "Dion?.." I call out softly, earning but silence in return.
My fingers nervously play with the bandages on my arms, making my chest pang with sadness.

Sitting in the dark was never comfortable for me. Many find relaxation in the depths of an empty room but my mind was the exact opposite. An all black room was limitless to what my imagination could conjure to scare me or make me feel worse. As if on cue, my mind began to picture the events of tonight. Alicias angry face, the broken door, the note I left.

Him.

I roll over and face the door way, the soft light of the tv was the only thing keeping me rooted from sinking further into the dark room.

The bed looked felt and empty in the darkness of the room. I look towards the living room before back at the bed. "I dunno.. I-I'll just sleep on the floor." I grab a pillow and blanket before quietly making my way towards the living room.

Dion snored softly as he faced the tv. His arm over his eyes as the other rested on his stomach. I nervously stand next to him, fighting the urge to wake him up for comfort.

"He gave you a whole bed and you're out here.." I guiltily hug my pillow tighter before turning back to the room. The door was slightly ajar, letting me see the black abyss waiting for me.

A soft whimper left my throat as I look back towards Dion who's hand had slid off his stomach. Every cell in my body craved to be in his arms once again.

He had this magic touch that didn't leave me feeling dirty or nasty.. He made me feel loved and special.

A soft sigh left his lips as he adjusted himself, his snores stopping and becoming soft breaths. I lay my blanket and pillow down on the floor next to the couch before happily laying down. I reach up and grasp his hand gently in mine before laying my head down to finally rest.

"Good night, Dion." 

___________

The urge to pee rudely woke me up from my much needed sleep. I slowly sit up and pause as a groan sounded next to me. I look over at Dion, his face stuffed in his pillows as his hand rested on my lap. I silently scream before grabbing it gently and putting it on the bed, "What the-?" I look around the bedroom before looking back at Dion, who now sported a little pout on his soft lips.