Chapter 4

Just when the auction was about to end, Vance finally spoke, "Seven million dollars."

Nice bid!

"Ten million dollars" screamed Annie.

"Fourteen million dollars" screamed Vance.

What is wrong with both of them? The land won't be worth more than twelve million dollars!

"Annie I think we should let it go. The land value can't be more than twelve million dollars." I said.

"I don't care! He shouldn't win the bid." she said by shooting glares at me.

Then she screamed, "Seventeen million dollars."

"Eighteen million dollars." Vance screamed.

"Twenty million dollars" screamed Annie.

Vance had a smirk on his face.

Cunning guy!

My forehead creased in a frown. I was not understanding what the actual fuck was going on.

I was waiting for him to bid more. But not a word came from his mouth.

He just stared at me and Annie.

What is wrong with him?

Then my brain started processing.

Shit!

I looked at Annie. She had a victorious smile on her face.

No Annie! He tricked you. He fucking tricked you!

'Yes! I won the bid." she said proudly.

"Annie, you are well aware that the land won't be worth more than twelve million dollars. Then why did you bid twenty million dollars?" I asked her frustratingly.

'Doesn't matter Ana. I won over him." she said.

She fell for his trap.

Sometimes, it's best to remain calm when someone is deliberately provoking.

Oh! How I wish Nick was here. If was here the situation would have been absolutely different.

She fell for his trap and she didn't even realize it.

Everyone congratulated Annie.

Then came Vance.

I have some ill feeling about this young man!

"Congratulations! I was very glad to see you here instead of your husband Nick." he said and left the hall.

Of course Nick would have never done something like this! He wouldn't have been provoked by Vance.

I saw Annie's face. It was reddish pink. It did look like she realized what she did.

We both went to office and were greeted by angry Nick.

Probably he just arrived from Singapore.

"What have you done? Where did your logic fly?" he asked Annie.

She just sat on one of the chairs and rested her head on her palm.

"You Ana? What were you up to?" he asked directing his anger towards me.

"Umm I did mention Annie once about the cut off rate." I said in a calm tone.

I cannot be blamed for her emotional decisions!

Nick just rolled his eyes.

Nick was really a gentleman! He knew how to behave with woman. Annie was just a pampered kid.

From what I heard from other people's conversations was that Annie was a pampered girl since childhood and later became very hardworking after she fell in love with Nick. Later, they both got married when Nick managed to convince Annie's parents. Even though she was hardworking, she was still not as experienced and intelligent as Nick was. Moreover, she lost her temper easily.

But today, Nick was different. He was angry too and it was obvious up to a great extent.

"I am sorry for talking like that Ana. I want to have a word with Annie. Please excuse us." he said.

"It's okay." I said and left the room.

"Hey Ana can we go for coffee?" Meng asked me.

God! This was some fortieth coffee or lunch offer since my one month of Silva Constructions.

It might seem fun to be asked out by so many men but it gets frustrating after a particular point of time.

I drifted into deep thoughts about Vance.

He was one of the reasons because of whom I had to face such a situation.

I will punch you when I meet you next time Vance! Just wait and watch!

Hey my High Fliers!!

Please make me feel happy by clicking the star at the end of this chapter.

Make my day by SHARING and FOLLOWING me on WATTPAD.

Also, please comment I like to read your thoughts!

Love you all <3 XOXO