27. Backfired

THANKS TO THE CORONA VIRUS, MY SCHOOL HAS SHUT DOWN FOR AT LEAST 14 DAYS, SO PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR A LOT OF UPDATES!
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

THANKS TO THE CORONA VIRUS, MY SCHOOL HAS SHUT DOWN FOR AT LEAST 14 DAYS, SO PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR A LOT OF UPDATES!*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"We're going to be a team, the two of us, understand?"

"Please be out there, please be out there," you mumbled to yourself, as your cold hand rested on the even colder doorknob. You had used THE POWER OF THE MOONSTONE- to unlock the door, which actually was surprisingly easy (haha, didn't think about that one, huh, Varian?), and now all you had to do was open the door.

You couldn't believe that you were about to do this. You were really about to convince yourself for good, that you had a death wish. But this was the only thing that you could do, in order to make your plan work.

"Please. Come on, please be out there." You kept on saying, as you slowly opened the door. And as the light from the hall filled your room, you felt nothing but regret, and now some part of you was now praying that it wasn't out there.

But it was. You let the door wide open, standing face to face with a full-grown moon-dog. It growled at you, showing its long, sharp needle-teeth.

You shivered, as you took a few steps backward.

Luckily for you, there was only one. But that could soon change, and you needed the dog inside your room as soon as possible, before its friends joined you.

"Come on, little doggy. Nice and slow. Follow me." You spoke with a tempting dog voice, backing deeper into your room. For a moment, the dog just stood there, glaring at you, but then it slowly got closer. Its murderous, dark-blue eyes didn't blink. Not once.

Yes, you were crazy. You let a moon-dog into your room, where you had absolutely no weapons at all. But again, this was your only chance for your plan to work, and you would do anything in your power to save Corona, your friends, and Varian.

You picked up a ball from your bed - the one you had purpouslly placed there - and waved it at the dog. You couldn't see if the dog was paying attention to it, but you sure hoped so.

You threw the ball in the direction of your closet, as playful as you possibly could. You needed the dog to get further into your room, so you could close the door behind it.

But the moon dog didn't even inch. It kept staring determined at you, pridefully showing off its tooth set in an angry growl.

You silently cursed, as you kept backing away, very slowly. Your thoughts were screaming that it was all over and that you were going to be eaten alive, but you forced yourself to stay focused.

Onward to plan B.

You slowly kneeled down, getting down to the dog's level. You hoped that this would make yourself appear less threatening.