𝐗𝐈𝐕

WHO Harry was when they were alone and who Harry was at school was something Bree was struggling to adjust to. It had been two weeks since they'd first kissed, and the Styles home, as the site of their tutoring sessions, had since been abandoned. Since Johnny was rarely home before the sun set, Harry and Bree rested in their ability to get to know one another without the threat of prying eyes and ears.

Still, Bree often succumbed to the gnawing insecurity that Harry didn't think she was good enough for him, and that's why he acted like she was nothing more than another member of the Lockridge Falls High School student population. A student that he sometimes walked to class with, sometimes stared across the hall at…and sometimes kissed against the lockers when no one was looking.

But at home…away from everyone else, Harry was becoming someone that Bree really…craved. Saying that she liked him was an understatement and she didn't have enough miles on the road of relationships to compare it to anything else, but her body seemed to be telling her that she wanted more than his kisses. And it seemed like Harry wanted that too, but he was holding back. At least she thought he was. Whenever their kisses deepened beyond hungry, lust-filled clutches, Harry would pull away. But Bree saw the desire in his eyes…unless it was just the desire in her own reflected in his.

She struggled with how to tell him…how to ask him for more without getting herself in over her head. Because she knew enough about guys to know that once you started down the path of a physical relationship, there was no going back. And since they didn't have an actual relationship, Bree wasn't comfortable, mentally, going there. But physically, her body was screaming for it.

Each time they were together, Bree tried to think of a way to introduce the lack of progression in their relationship, but nothing ever seemed appropriate – and she certainly didn't want to come flat out and ask Harry.

A few times, she'd attempted to prompt him and the conversation had spiraled into something else entirely, and steering it back to her intended route would have been too obvious. She had all but decided to leave matters be and let nature run its course when it finally happened – instigated by a conversation about, what else? Porn.

As Harry leaned against the dresser in Bree's room and watched her pull at the now tattered driver's manual, he knew he had to put an end to this…whatever it was, and soon. He felt himself being lost to this girl before him and it freaked him out in the worst way.

Never before had Harry cared about a girl's virtue. But Bree…she was so good. He'd never met someone so nice. And she never asked for anything in return. She just did things for him as if it was the way life was supposed to be.

That revelation alone further expanded the canyon between he and Bree, because that's not who Harry was. He didn't do anything nice for anyone, and if he did, it was only to get something in return.

Harry had nothing to offer Bree, but even worse, she never asked him for anything. It made him feel unworthy in ways he hadn't thought possible. And he hated feeling that way. And sometimes he hated her for making him feel that way.

But then, they'd be together, in much the same fashion as they were now, and the longing for her body would overwhelm him; so much so that he couldn't focus on anything else. Not even the eminent test that would grant him his driver's permit.

Secretly, Harry was trying to devise a plan that would still allow Bree  to help him get what he needed to pass the driver's test, but put an end to his misery in the physical realm. Because seriously, he couldn't jack off anymore often than he already did without it being considered abnormal beyond all reason. When he and Bree had started their tutoring sessions, once a day had been enough. When he and Bree had begun being cordial to one another, twice a day was sufficient. Add in the kissing and Anne was threatening to change Harry's address to the bathroom because he was in there so often.