39. Pink Champagne.

"Where are you actually going on your honeymoon?" asked Duncan, sipping the pink champagne Jason poured him.

"Richard made his house available in France, but that can wait." Endearingly, he looked at his beautiful newborn niece in the arms of his husband of only a few hours. "Tanner is a true beauty," he said with a kiss on Karen's cheeks.

"Sorry for disrupting the wedding reception," she said with a pout lip.

"Are you nuts? I am proud to share this date with my niece."

Karen looked up to her radiant brother-in-law.

"Have you given him his gift yet?"

Jason knocked on the deed in his inner pocket. "No, not yet."

"Jack and Charlie are over joyed with your offer to take over the centre. I heard them talk extensively about their travel plans during the reception."

Jason smiled. "Conner found his calling in the center. Working with this target group was tailor-made for him." His smile faded as he looked at Karen apologetically. "It does mean that we're going to live at home," he said cautiously, noting her reaction.

"Hooray!" cried CJ. "I had already hoped you'd say that, Uncle Jason."

Duncan knocked on his shoulders. "It's time to return to your reception."

Jason looked at his watch. "We've been gone for two hours. Do you think they're still here?"

Conner heard this and laughed. "Those buddies of mine don't leave until the booze's gone and Drake assured me he had enough supplies." He took Jason in a tender embrace. "In addition, I haven't had a chance to introduce you to everyone."

"Oh? How would you introduce me?" teased Jason.

"Very simple. I would say; May I introduce you to the love of my life. My husband, Jason Greenleaves."

Jason swallowed overflowing with emotions. "Sounds good," he squeezed out hoarsely.

"I know," Conner said, grinning. "I just see it that way. A higher power has picked you out for me. Who am I to fight that?"

With his ear against Conner's beating heart, Jason let out a happy sigh. "Happiness makes for grateful people."

His phone beeped. Grinning, he read the message.

"Drake asks if we want to hurry up. He says that he's not seen so much being drunk since his own wedding reception."

Conner nodded. "I'm glad Nick conquered his love. Now they both have less attention for you."

Jason laughed out loud. "How many sketches do you have to see before you understand that I only have an eyes for you?"

"Until you're a gray old man with shaky hands," Conner grinned.

"Then I'll take pictures," he promised. "Although the meaning has completely changed, you are and forever will be my marine."

"My 'Blue Boy'."

This concludes the story of Jason and his marine. Thank you for sticking with them through their difficult struggle to find love in unexpected places. Please leave a comment and maybe check out my other stories.
xoxo Monkeybreath