Awakening and Apologies (pt 1)

the album

--------

It took a while, but slowly, things started to come back.

Soon after Dae-in departed, you heard a faint noise, it sounded like faint footsteps, followed by the sound of a door opening and closing.

For a while, nothing, then someone's quiet cough, and hushed whispers that just about evaded your hearing, dancing and teasing at the edges of your mind.

The next thing you gradually became aware of was the soft surface that supported you, your head was slightly elevated, so you presumed you were on a bed. Were you in a hospital? You didn't think so. It was too quiet for that.

You felt a hand carefully grip yours, long fingers running soothingly alongside your wrist. You were now fully conscious of touch and hearing, but you weren't able to open your eyes.

"Please wake up soon", a voice whispered out of nowhere a few hours later, long after whoever was holding your hand had gone. "We're so sorry y/n".

More agonising hours passed in silence. You were starting to despair slightly, you were also extremely bored, which seemed rather stupid in the circumstance that at least you were alive, but you were.

When you finally opened your eyes, you almost cried with relief.

You were staring at a white ceiling, washed with golden light from a window somewhere. You turned your head towards the light source, which made you cringe from the brightness, but was kinda worth it, because the sun was setting in a blaze of orange and pink.

You slowly sat up, the simple movement tired you far more than it should have. You glanced to your other side to see Hoseok in a chair beside the bed, his torso was slumped down over the mattress and his hair flopped across the sheets. He was asleep, but still looked exhausted.

You shifted slightly, and he bolted upright instantly, staring at you with wide eyes. 

For a minute, you stared at each other in silence, so many unspoken words hanging between you.

He reached out towards you slowly, and you automatically flinched back, you hadn't forgotten what Taehyung had done the last time you saw him. Or well, the last time you were conscious anyway.

He froze, his eyes saddened.

"I would never hurt you y/n", he stared into your eyes with his dark ruby ones, trying to make you believe.

You felt a slight crack in your resolve at his desperation, but remained silent. You weren't really sure what to say anyway.

"Y/n!".

You looked towards the door to see Jungkook's large frame standing just over the threshold, holding a glass of dark red liquid that you really hoped was cranberry juice. His hand was trembling, his wide eyes brimming with tears. 

He flew towards you faster than your eyes could track, apparently setting down the glass somewhere on the way as he crashed into you, wrapping his arms around you tightly.

"Jesus Christ", he sobbed into your shoulder. "You're ok, thank fuck you're ok".

You were at a loss from what to do, you had never had a fully grown man, well, vampire crying in your arms before. You instinctively wrapped your arms around him awkwardly.

"It's ok", you mumbled awkwardly, your voice was hoarse, and cracked slightly towards the end.

"Get off her you idiot", Hoseok leaned forward to yank him off you. "She's just woken up, and you just instantly crush her".

A laugh bubbled up in your chest and it escaped your lips before you could stop it. Jungkook gave you a sheepish smile. "Sorry", he gave you a hesitant grin.

"It's ok", you gave him one in return, and his face brightened considerably.

"The others have gone out to get more blood", Hoseok informed you quietly. "They'll be back in a few minutes. You nodded quietly, before a thought occurred to you.

"How long has it been?", you asked. His face saddened with guilt and regret.

"It's been three days", he was struggling to keep his voice even. "We've been worried sick about you, we thought we might not have come in time, we thought-", his voice broke. "-we thought you might be slowly dying, and it would have been our fault". 

He twisted his fingers anxiously, no longer able to look you in the eyes.

"You would have died, for us, because we were so stupid to not believe you", he took a juddering breath. "We're so sorry for that y/n, we hate ourselves more than can be put in words for what we did to you".

You felt your eyes fill up with tears at his words.

"It's-", you paused, choking on sobs. You had no idea what to say, you were a raging conflict of emotions. It was so hard to say what you wanted to say, that it was ok, that you loved them, you forgave them. You couldn't say it. 

There was so much that you had to process, that you had to talk about, before you could say it out loud with no hesitation.

Instead you grabbed his hand, using your other one to grab Jungkook's, and squeezed them tightly. The latter sat down beside you, tucking his head into your shoulder.

"I know", he said quietly. 

-------------

THE FUCKING ALBUM OH MY FU-----^&(*^$£"!££!!!!!!!!!

THEY FUCKING SNAPPED

WIGS? WE DONT KNOW THEM??11!!!

I need to calm down lol

vote and comment :)))

the weekend is almost here, hang in there!!

peace out uwu